F-15D Eagle - 36th TFW Eifel Eagle

Finished today, my Hasegawa F-15D Eagle 79-0009.

Painted with Gunze colours. Build out of the box, exception... aires nozzles. Was the 2nd try to build this model. The first one

was crap, on this one, i also had some trouble. But finally, everything turns to something good.

sam_691973usd.jpg

sam_6909zau0t.jpg

sam_6910ikubb.jpg

sam_6911tludx.jpg

sam_6912xqu45.jpg

sam_6913lku7n.jpg

sam_6915iauxi.jpg

sam_6916luu8g.jpg

sam_69178fuhm.jpg

Cheers, Patrick

Edited by Paddington
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahhhhh.....the Good Ole Days of the Cold War with the U.S. and Soviets with thousands of nukes pointed at each other and F-15s in Air Superiority Gray and color national insignia. Things were so much simpler back then.

:rolleyes:

Chappie

• 8 months later...

Yessir, You sure did an outstanding job on your Bitburg Eagle. But, who better to do an F-15 stationed in Germany than a man who LIVES in Germany!!! You sure knocked it out of the park (Oops, sorry, wrong sport for Germany) How about this? If this were a soccer game, you won the game on a last second corner kick! I hope that works. With my very limited knowledge of soccer, that's probably the best that I can come up with to show that you really won the game with your build! I do have one question, not about your build, but about the kit in general. Is this the old 1/48 scale kit(kit #P-8) that Hasegawa called an F-15E Strike Eagle? It's actually easier to build this kit into an F-15B or F-15D, like you did. If it is the same kit, your great build shows that it can be made to look like the real jet.

My ex-neighbor has a son that was in the U.S. Air Force, and he was assigned to the Base in Bitburg. He was in the Military Police. He loved his job, because he got to walk around the jets all of the time. When he came back, he brought me several liter bottles of jet fuel. Funny thing, though. It didn't taste or smell like jet fuel. It was more like beer! I think he tricked me, the little stinker! I look forward to more of your fantastic work.