Russian weapons - 1/48 and 1/72

I have just been sent some Russian weapons sets to review - from 'Advanced Modeling', based in Chelyabinsk, Russia..

They are superbly cast in resin - with no hint of any air bubbles or casting errors.

Packaged in clear pockets, they have a list of the relevant aircraft that use them - later releases will include colour notes and, where appropriate, decals.

Just what us modellers have been crying out for to hang off your MiG-29 or Su-24 etc....... :thumbsup:/> :worship:/>

Here are a couple of the 1/48 scale sets......

The MBD3-U6-68 Multiple Bomb Rack.....................

AMC-48010.jpg

AMC-48010_2.jpg

The BETAB-500ShP Concrete-Piercing Bomb.......

AMC-48022.jpg

AMC-48022-2.jpg

... and in 1/72 scale.....

The B-13L Cluster Bomb Unit.....

AMC-72013.jpg

AMC-72013_2.jpg

The FAB-250 M54 HE 250Kg Bomb.......

AMC-72048.jpg

AMC-72048_2.jpg

There are more sets on my website here........

.... together with some colour notes and photos of the real thing for reference......

_MP32422.jpg

There is also a list of internet suppliers where the sets can be obtained.

Note that I have no commercial connection to AM - so I can't answer any questions about them - I'm just trying to spread the word.

Ken

thanks for spreading the word!

i'm now going to take a look at what's on your website...

i'll keep an eye on these products... hope they'll stock the RN-28 in one of those shops you linked... or elsewhere!

Edited by mingwin

Thats a great addition to the modeling line up and after market options.

It has been very difficult, almost impossible to find Russian weapons. I recently built a MiG-21 and had difficulty finding the right weapons as Academy kit weapons were incorrect and lacked stencils.

thanks for spreading the word!

i'm now going to take a look at what's on your website...

i'll keep an eye on these products... hope they'll stock the RN-28 in one of those shops you linked... or elsewhere!

Agreed. I want that nuke hanging from my Eduard MiG-21 SMT. All of their stuff looks great.

nice stuff - hope it will be available soon.

One question though - why do you call B-13L launchers "cluster bomb unit" - they're just launchers for S-13 heavy 122mm rockets.

My error - it says on the packet 'Cluster Unit' - no 'bomb' in there.........

AMC-48013.jpg

Ken

Lots of clear evidence (*) that the masters were designed in a CAD environment and printed on a high-resolution 3D printer. This is nothing special, of course - many aftermarket resin part manufacturers have been using 3D printers for years. But it's good to see that the technology has been trickling down to smaller and smaller manufacturers in the recent years. I have plans to join that crowd pretty soon...

(*):Well-defined geometric pour stubs and support structures that no manual master artist would have bothered to design, embossed part number designed with computer fonts as opposed to embossed Dymo tape or stamps like an old school designer would have used, etc.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 year later...

I have just received some more sets to review.

These are 1/72 and 1/48 scale resin sets, superbly cast in flawless resin - with clear parts, etched brass and decals where appropriate....

1/48 scale KAB-500Kr 'Corrected Air Bomb'....

AMC-48074-2.jpg

KAB-500L .....

AMC-48075-2.jpg

R-60 Short-range missile and launch rail........

AMC-48207-1-2.jpg

Aerial Bomb Cart...

AMC-48113-2.jpg

Aerial Test Equipment Cart....

AMC-48119-2.jpg

The KAB-500 weapons are also available in 1/72 scale.....

AMC-72075-2.jpg

AMC-72074-2.jpg

Also in 1/72 scale is a Kh-25ML 'Short Range Modular Misile'

AMC-72230-2.jpg

Photos of all the sets I have been sent are on my website here - along with some stunning images of the real thing for reference.....

15_9286.jpg

There is also a list of distributors where you can obtain these sets.

I must stress that I have no commercial connection to Advanced Modelling - I'm just trying to spread the word....

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Hi Ken,

Those sets look very nice! :woot.gif: The only question is -and I know you are only reviewing the set - where can one get them. I have seen some amazing stuff coming from Russian (or from ex Soviet Union states) aftermarket producers but they are virtually unavailable anywhere. It was interesting that last year in Moscow even in the Olimpijskij (said to be the biggest in Moscow) model shop I could not find aftermarkets.

They have a company Small Stuff who make some fantastic resin bits and pieces but the problem is the same with them too.

I know it is a problem with me and these things could be available on some internet shops but they are a problem for me . . . too old to be able to deal with them . . . prefer buying in person.

Still the things you have shown look fantastic!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Ken

thanks for posting all of this. Wonderful stuff. I believe Two Mikes Resin had ventured into the Soviet weapons field but as we all know that is now out of reach. Good to know that there are options out there. Eduard is also doings some stuff along with Aero Bonus right?

Now my only problem is going through my references and trying to figure out which weapon/pylon is applicable to which aircraft. I have to be careful though, since when I go looking at find lots of cool stuff and somehow I get distracted at what I originally was looking at :)