Favorite MovieScenes

Since this is the Aircraft Resource Center; lets talk about movies in which aircraft are featured prominently; such as "12 O'clock High", "Topgun", "Flight of the Intruder", etc., and the scenes from these that you could watch over and over; given the time and you don't burn out.

The ones that I watch often is 1. The Final Countdown when the Tomcats overfly the yacht, slow for the 'cats, but mind boggling to the folks on deck, when the strike group launches, and of course when the splash the zeroes

From "Topgun" when Mav and Goose take on Viper.

From "Flight of the Intruder" - when Cool hand and Tiger take out Sam city, and when the two Intruders play follow the leader.

From "Iron Eagle" - when the MiG's return to provide cover for the strikers and when the ground team take out the guns.

From "Tuskegee Airman" - when the two Mustangs rescue the straggler.

Thanks to you tube I've watched the zeroes get splashed oh probably around 100X :woot.gif: :D

Edited by #1 Greywolf

From the South Korean movie R2B: Return To Base where F-15Ks take on North Korean Mig-29s in downtown Seoul. Pure fiction but still awesome to watch anyway. :)/>/>

That pilot in the mig-29 pulled a high g turn right next to the window. Do you think that could really happen in that situation? I have seen one of the blue angels in Chicago do a defense spiral around the John hancock building In Chicago.

It was pretty awesome, but of course fake. I have seen the blue angels in an F/A-18 do a defense spiral around the John Hancock building before in Chicago.

Almost all movie dogfights are staged or CG'ed so I really don't know where you're going with this statement. :rolleyes:/>

Almost all movie dogfights are staged or CG'ed so I really don't know where you're going with this statement. :rolleyes:/>/>

I know all of it was staged but I thought at first may be if there was a situation like this in real life it can actually happen in a dofight, so I compared it to a maneuver I saw in real life

The scenes from the movie A-Team where they are "flying" the Buford M8 armored gun system, as well as when Murdock is riding the rotor blades:"You spin me right-round, baby, right round..."

Air America, where Billy confronts the trucker in his helicopter, the beginning scene where the peasant farmer schwacks the C-123 with hit flintlock, and the fight scene in the Au-23 between Gene and Babo over the coloring book.

Edited by Horrido

I think it's Empire of The Sun when the kid is yelling P-51 Cadillac of the sky and the mustang flies by in slow mo and the pilot gives him a nod.

I'm with you on that one, raises the hairs on my arms every time I see it. I can't believe how many people have never even heard of this movie.

Seems to me that I read that the mustang in that scene was an RC model. I don't care, still a powerful scene.

Also like the scene in Reach for the Sky when Douglas Bader takes over an unruly Canadian squadron who are not at all impressed by seeing their new legless CO, stump around. Then Bader hops into a nearby aircraft and puts on a real show.

Cheers

Paul

I think it's Empire of The Sun when the kid is yelling P-51 Cadillac of the sky and the mustang flies by in slow mo and the pilot gives him a nod.

I could watch that scene over and over!👍

I'm with you on that one, raises the hairs on my arms every time I see it. I can't believe how many people have never even heard of this movie.

Seems to me that I read that the mustang in that scene was an RC model. I don't care, still a powerful scene.

Also like the scene in Reach for the Sky when Douglas Bader takes over an unruly Canadian squadron who are not at all impressed by seeing their new legless CO, stump around. Then Bader hops into a nearby aircraft and puts on a real show.

Cheers

Paul

I'm not 100% sure but I thought the scene was made using real aircraft. I know the mustang is a real restored warbird