Looking for Ideas for Future sheets

Future Subjects  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more non-U.S. subjects?

2. 2. What eras would you like to see more of?

3. 3. Which aircraft types would you like to see?

Gents:

Would appreciate you taking the time to take the poll and feel free to add any other comments and suggestions. I have been doing this for 5 years and would like to know what my customers would like to see in the future.

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

A couple of subject sugestions, Italian navy AV-8B+s the new colour bird and lineys. Thai navy AV-8Ss and VFA-87 war party F/A-18Cs from the 2003 Theodore Roosevelt cruise. OIF and OEF subjects in general are kind of thin in 1/72.

Edited by rustywelder

My frustration with Wolfpak is in the fact of availability. It seems like they are short run sheets of great subject matters but unless you get em right away after the release, they're always sold out. The same with the resin items offerings. Never in stock.

Perhaps somewhat larger production runs ?.

I've been trying to get the C-130 IR turrets for close to a year now: no dice.

You have GREAT subjects, just never seem to be available.

Regards

Thuddriver

Mark, first off; love the selection on many of your sheets!!

Interested in Canadian Chinooks from Afghanistan and new CH-147s, as well as new Dutch Chinooks.

Modern fighters from other Gulf countries(Oman, Qatar, Bahrain...)

Also modern types in SEA - Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia...

Thanks!

The subjects I would like to see are

US Cold War RC-135S Cobra Balls

Macedonian Mi-24V

Bulgarian MiG-21bis

USSR Su-17 and MiG-27 in deployed in East-Germany

Red-White SAR Mi-17 from the Czech Air Force

A-37s and T-37s from over the world (Marroc, Turkey, Greece, Dominican Rep., R. Thai Air Force...)

T-28s worldwide

F-4J VFMA-212 Lancers with the white nose and canopies. (instead of the VMFA-121 Crusaders I first wrote :)/> )

EA-6B Prowlers from VAQ-141 Shadowhawks

Etc...

Greetings!

Edited by Fiddler

...OEF subjects in general are kind of thin in 1/72.

+1 to that! Even OIF is not well covered.

I'd like to see more actual schemes from combat. There should be several US schemes from 1980's conflicts you can do that are not yet on your sheets (Grenada, Libya, Lebanon, Iran-Praying Mantis or even the striped Navy birds for the aborted Eagle Claw missions). ODS sheets were somewhat plentiful in the 90s, but you can probably improve on what was released then and/or cover subjects not previously done (love your A-7E and EF-111A you recently put out - this is a GREAT start).

A "PGM Pioneers Part 2" may be in order. What were the first combat uses of each type of JDAM? Of GBU-15 or -28? AGM-130? JSOW? There must be enough here to fill another sheet.

And, of course, more weapons sheets. There is a whole realm of guided and unguided bomb markings you could print, improving or correcting the Hasegawa set markings (special request: GBU-12 orange markings! :sunrevolves: ). These could be coordinated with new or existing sheets that cater to certain weapons loadouts.

Thank you for catering to the modern small-scale plane builder

A couple of sheets of just adversary/aggressor aircraft would be excellent. We 72nd guys always get screwed over on the good "Bad Guy" sheets. You could find schemes from Vietnam to present that would cover several releases. Just my two cents.

Dave Fassett

A "PGM Pioneers Part 2" may be in order. What were the first combat uses of each type of JDAM? Of GBU-15 or -28? AGM-130? JSOW? There must be enough here to fill another sheet.

Thank you for catering to the modern small-scale plane builder

I love this idea!

Would love to see some 1/72 markings for the RAAF ARDU F-111C in the SEA camo and white undersides. And I also wouldn't mind some 1/48 markings for early RAF Tornados with the classic green and sea grey camo...

Air Guard subjects for aircraft they flew in the 40's thru the 70's.

Amen to that, in 1/72 scale!

There are some good F-51, F-47, F-80, F-86, and F-105 kits that are BEGGING for good ANG markings......and we need more ANG F-4s in 1/72.

Some folks need to step up with some good F-106 and F-84 kits......

Edited by Johnopfor

Gents:

Thanks for taking the poll and providing me with your requests for future subjects. I will start to incorporate as many as I can into future sheets. As for product availabilty my sheets aren't short-run production. Typically they are on the website for 12 to 24 months on average with a few remaining on Fantasy Print Shop's site for 6 to 12 months longer. Think that's plenty of time to decide a purchase a sheet.

Looking at casting the resin pieces myself later this year since a dependable caster is hard to find. Won't begin until the weather is warm enough to work in my garage. The fine spray of any mold release agent stinks up the house too much when it's burned in the furnace with the ambient air.

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

Don't. Change. A. Thing. :thumbsup:/> I really like the way your sheet are made up in terms of aircraft selection. :thumbsup:/>

As for suggestions:

Anything F-4G - but especially the SEA-wrap around and Euro 1 schemes. Maybe even an option for one of the one-piece windscreen birds?

All the other stuff out there for F-4Gs has been long OOP.

F-4E Phantom 68-0517 of 526th TFS, 86th TFW with black canopy sills and black anti-glare panel

F-4E Phantom of USAFE in Euro 1, no specific aircraft - maybe one with the low-viz sharkmouths (including an F-4G from that uni)

F-4D 66-7650 of 89th TFS/ 906th TFG in Euro 1 camo with thin red band around the radome, with GPU-5 pod

A-7C of VA-86 Sidewinders aboard USS America in 1972 – AFAIK, this scheme isn’t currently available in 1/72.

F/A-18 of VFA-86 Sidewinders - the 2006 CAG with orange diamond on the spine - tail parts maybe included twice and sized to both Academy and Hasegawa (very different tails)

EA-6B Prowler of VAQ-142 Gray Wolves at Bagram AB in non-standard camouflage with multiple grey splotches

VAQ-133 Wizards in sand/tan/brown scheme at Bagram AB DONE! :thumbsup:

F/A-18C BuNo 164634 “Sting 306” of VA-113 Stingers during OIF (sole SLAM-ER shooter)

F/A-18D ATARS during OIF - missed out on the first ATARS bird on one of your sheets

B-57 Canberras in Vietnam, both in natural metal and SEA colours – Miss MiNuki, Hell’s Angel, Cong Buster, BA-906, VNAF, RAAF,….

EA-18G Growler – VAQ-138 Yellowjackets CAG DONE! :thumbsup:

EA-18G Growler – VAQ-132 Scorpions with camouflaged tails and markings during Odyssey Dawn with mission markings - maybe the little dark brown camo stripes could be made as decals as well?

All suggestions are for 1/72

Any and all F-111's. Especially the 'A' acft with the white tail stripes and colored chevrons (Blue, Red, Green... etc.) The early Nellis birds with the grey bellies, and post Combat Lancer.

RC and EC 135's, along with special test birds.

Any Navy/Marine acft that aren't CAG or CAW birds. I know they're working acft, too. They just don't look it!

Ditto on the early F-4G's. And Vietnam RF-4C's wouldn't be unwelcome... 12th and 16th TRS from Tan Son Nhut.

And way too many more to list!!!

Thanks for this opportunity to give suggestions. More aftermarket and kit manufacturers would be wise to listen to us.

DET1460

I would LOVE to see some A-4(e) aggressor sheets in 1/72 :woot.gif:!

There is no 1/72 aggressor sheet available and with the Fujimi kit we have some top quality skyhawks. And not forget the anounced Hobby Boss ones.

A new (2010 or newer) F/A-18C sheet whit hornets over Afghanistan would also be appreciated.

Best regards Rob

The sheets that seem to sell out the fastest are the ones with "famous" aircraft. I, for one, would like to see more aces and other "famous" aircraft that have never been represented in decal form. For example:

2cwuefp.jpg

Some more Desert Storm subjects would be great too. Otherwise, I think you're doing a great job