Looking for Ideas for Future sheets

Future Subjects  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more non-U.S. subjects?

2. 2. What eras would you like to see more of?

3. 3. Which aircraft types would you like to see?

I would also like to see the East and West demo teams for the A-10...

+1 - Especially some of the ones with most of the pylons removed! This would provide counterpoint to the heavily loaded and weathered Warthogs often seen on the contest table.

F/A-18D 165686 VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" CAG 2013

F/A-18D 165413 VMFA(AW)-121 "GREEN KNIGHTS" CAG 2009

F/A-18C 165200 VFA-86 "Sidewinders" CAG 2010

F/A-18C 164060 VFA-97 "Warhawks" CAG 2010

F/A-18F 166628 VFA-11 "Red Rippers" CAG 2013

F/A-18F 166634 VFA-11 "Red Rippers" CO 2013

EA-6B 163032 VAQ-130 "Zappers" CAG 2009

EA-6B VMAQ-1 CAG

EA-6B VMAQ-3 CAG

EA-18G CAGs

F/A-18F VFA-213 "Black Lions" CAG 2014

i forgot to check it off, but more Vietnam stuff would be cool too. Especially A-4's, A-7's and F-4's. The scheme i would love to see is VF-114's last F-4B scheme (full color like their F-4J's).

Edited by Ruud

Hi Mark,

What I would like to see are unit history sheets, say for instance the Jolly Rogers, which would require a couple sheets: VF-17 WWII Corsairs, VF-5B Corsairs, VF-61 Corsairs and Cougars; VF-84 F-8s, F-4s and F-14s; and VF-103 F-14s and F-18Fs. With VF-11 and VF-14 you can go from present day all the way back to the '30s for subject matter.

The same approach applied to Air National Guard fighter units would be equally interesting. You recently did a Montana Air Guard F-15 and F-16 on the same sheet, which was great, but I'd have been ecstatic if it had had an F-06, F-102, F-89 and P-51 as well.

Another theme I would like to see would be a USN Air Wing on a specific cruise. My first two choices would be CVW-16 in 1969 and CVW-8 in 1970 since I was in VF-162 on those two cruises, but CVW-16 in 1967 on Oriskany would be a better choice, or CVW-21 in 1967-68. And every aircraft on the ship, please, including the SAR helo and COD, and even if there is as yet no kit, as is (unfortunately) the case for the E-1B Tracer, aka Willy Fudd. BUT! Not all CAG aircraft. As someone earlier was knowledgeable enough to point out, they were just squadron aircraft, and I can absolutely guarantee that I flew our CAG aircraft on the 69 cruise more than CAG did, since he was an A-3 driver and didn't fly the F-8 at all on the cruise.

For Air Force Vietnam era fans, pick a base and a year and do everything there. I did an exchange visit to Ubon in 1970 where there were hordes of 8th TFW F-4s, the Spectres, with their Fabulous Four Engined Fighter - the AC-130, and OV-10 FACs, plus RTAF F-5As. Da Nang would be equally or more interesting with its mix of USAF, USMC and VNAF aircraft.

These kinds of sheets would get my money every time, which the current apparently random approach does not, since there is rarely more than one subject on a sheet that interests me, and sometimes none at all.

That's my two cents, probably worth a lot less than that to most people, but, hey, you asked.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Mark,

What I would like to see are unit history sheets, say for instance the Jolly Rogers, which would require a couple sheets: VF-17 WWII Corsairs, VF-5B Corsairs, VF-61 Corsairs and Cougars; VF-84 F-8s, F-4s and F-14s; and VF-103 F-14s and F-18Fs. With VF-11 and VF-14 you can go from present day all the way back to the '30s for subject matter.

The same approach applied to Air National Guard fighter units would be equally interesting. You recently did a Montana Air Guard F-15 and F-16 on the same sheet, which was great, but I'd have been ecstatic if it had had an F-06, F-102, F-89 and P-51 as well.

Another theme I would like to see would be a USN Air Wing on a specific cruise. My first two choices would be CVW-16 in 1969 and CVW-8 in 1970 since I was in VF-162 on those two cruises, but CVW-16 in 1967 on Oriskany would be a better choice, or CVW-21 in 1967-68. And every aircraft on the ship, please, including the SAR helo and COD, and even if there is as yet no kit, as is (unfortunately) the case for the E-1B Tracer, aka Willy Fudd. BUT! Not all CAG aircraft. As someone earlier was knowledgeable enough to point out, they were just squadron aircraft, and I can absolutely guarantee that I flew our CAG aircraft on the 69 cruise more than CAG did, since he was an A-3 driver and didn't fly the F-8 at all on the cruise.

For Air Force Vietnam era fans, pick a base and a year and do everything there. I did an exchange visit to Ubon in 1970 where there were hordes of 8th TFW F-4s, the Spectres, with their Fabulous Four Engined Fighter - the AC-130, and OV-10 FACs, plus RTAF F-5As. Da Nang would be equally or more interesting with its mix of USAF, USMC and VNAF aircraft.

These kinds of sheets would get my money every time, which the current apparently random approach does not, since there is rarely more than one subject on a sheet that interests me, and sometimes none at all.

That's my two cents, probably worth a lot less than that to most people, but, hey, you asked.

Cheers,

Tom

I really like this idea too. Some of my favorite Microscale sheets were the ones where they did aircraft all from the same wing.

-Dave

Royal Navy F-4K and FG-1 Phantoms in 1/72nd scale, the Prototypes, 700 sqauadron and 767 squadron as they only appeared in early kits and are nolonger available

Seconded.. And don't neglect the Js the RAF took on for a few years.

Maybe folks would like to see some of the USN squadrons that were not covered by anyone before? Or at least, if they were, they were so long ago or so rare that there aren't even online reviews of them.

1/72

VF-24 Demon

VA-26 Cougar

VA-43 Skyhawk (and/or the TA-4)

VA-44 Skyhawk (and/or the TA-4)

VA-46 A-4B Skyhawk

VF-53 Demon

VF-54 Demon

VF-62 Crusader (the early model that made the first Enterprise landing), plus the Furys with three different tail codes

VF-63 Cougar or FJ-4B

VF-71 Banshee

VF-73 Fury

VF-91 Crusader

VA-127 A-4M aggressor in the Blues and Grays

any A-4M Mighty Mike

VA-133 A-4B

VA-134 A-4B

VF-141 Crusader

VA-146 Skyhawk

VA-163 Skyhawk

VA-172 Skyhawk

VF-173 Cougar or Fury

VA-209 Skyhawk with the Air Barrons markings

VA-216 Fury

I know, a long list,,,,,but, those are all aircraft that have to be done with spares as of today, and would work in for variety with the USAF, Army, etc markings

Have you given thought to doing another 1/144th sheet? I loved your first sheet and the subjects you have in 1/72nd already could be reproduced for the many 1/144th kits available (C-130, KC-135, F-16, F-15E, MH-60, etc.).

As far as 1/72nd goes, the modeling community could really use some F-89D/J decals!

also, 1/72;

to stay in your F-16 air guard one per sheet, new paited IA ANG F-16C...

i am also missing out on Hill AFB F-16´s.

klamath falls (OR ANG) F-15C/D's aren't available yet.

El Centro based MH-60S (rescue bird)

hihg vis prowlers. i have seen many awesome 1/48 sheets, none in 72nd available (like the zappers)...

S-3B VS-41 high/low vis in 2006 (with green high vis shamrock and low vis shamrock)

Robert

In addition of my previously posted list I have a couple +1's regarding some of the requests made by others along this thread

A-4 aggressors (and A-4M in Tomcats colors. Oh and White/red TA-4Js or other rainbow colors)

F-4G in Euro 1 camo with sharkmouths (as AirDoc's are nearly unobtainable in 1/72nd)

NC-135W "61-2666" as a +1 to the experimental RCs :)

Sembach Bronco's

480FS F-16s

81st TFW A-10's (preferable from the 510 TFS)

And a few other what came in my mind:

C-47A Hahn AFB (Red, yellow and bleu tailbands with stars and the wingbadge in the middle, all over the fin)

RB-50D "Southern Belle" (to replace these hideous and unusable Academy decals)

B-29s in the Korean War (black bellied)

RB-36J in late markings (white belly)

B-52G "El Lobo II" (for use on a converted monogram as I don't buy a Italeri B-52 only for the decals :) Even more because it was the most special of the secret squirrel mission)

Greetings and thanks for the nice sheets!

I wouldn't mind a set with the aircraft some POWs were flying when shot down. It opens up the options of:

Dieter Dengler's A-1

John McCain's A-4

Robbie Risner's F-105

Leo Thorsness' F-105

Bud Day's F-100F

Jim Stockdale's A-4

Bud Mahurin's F-86

Pappy Boyington's F4U

Hub Zemke's P-51

Cliff Acree's OV-10

Jeff Zaun's A-6

Jeff Tice's F-16