Gunze Aqueous H311 Gray FS36622 is AWESOME

Gunze Aqueous H311 (Gray FS36622) is semi-gloss, with excellent coverage. I've been using this paint for some time as base coat before spraying gloss white. Because H311 is essentially off-white, you only need to spray 2 or 3 thin layers of gloss white to achieve a nice glossy white finish.

It's also a good paint to use as primer, especially if all you need is to get a nice even surface to lay more translucent colour on (e.g. yellow, red).

Thinner/paint ratio that I use is either (thinner:paint) 50:50 or 60:40, sprayed at 12-15 Psi using dual action gravity-fed airbrush.

HTH.

Usually Gunze Acrylics are beautiful colors. I find them better than Tamiya in coverage and finishing.

I don't disagree but I like Tamiya just as good. I've been using Tamiya Buff for spo t priming before white.

Here's the result.

IMG_6260_zps3214e4fa.jpg

IMG_6261_zps64413706.jpg

That was after only a single layer of H329, which is quite translucent. I'll still need to spray at least another layer or two to get the finish that I want, but this demonstrates how well H311 provides an even surface for lighter colour.

Edited by Mike C

Gunze are great paints. I'm finding that stocks here in Australia are finally being replenished. I've gone on a spree and bought up stocks that'll last me for a few years yet :) Incidently, H311 (FS36622) is also the colour used on the belly and underside of HAF A-7's.

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

If I can make a suggestion, I would suggest using Gunze's relatively new Black Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500. The stuff is phenomenal, goes down really really well, and provides a rock hard surface to put your subsequent paints down. If you're looking for a more traditional grey, then you can thin Mr Surfacer 1500 and thin it with the Gunze thinner. They are both pretty awesome.

Edited by -Neu-