Eduard 1/48 BF109-G6

This should be good.

I hope they rework the closed cowling issues. engine had to be hacked up to have the cowling closed in their 1/48 Emils.

Lets hope so, I wouldn't mind if they just did away with the engine and you just buy a Brassin one if you want the cowlings open.

I am tired of more of the same...

Good for you... Some of us are excited to see a new Bf 109. Companies do this because they know the kit will sell and sell well. They are in the business to make money after all.

The 20mm cannon look grossly misaligned and the color scheme is all wrong for an early G-6. The kit is obviously crap.

Anyone want to make a bet on how many pages the thread will be when the discussion starts in earnest on the accuracy (or lack thereof) of this kit?

I'm going conservative - 18 pages.

Could the OP please change the title of this thread so it reads "Eduard 1/48 Bf109G-6" - having the hyphens in the wrong place for the next year and a half as this kit is dissected is going to drive me nuts.

The 20mm cannon look grossly misaligned and the color scheme is all wrong for an early G-6. The kit is obviously crap.

Anyone want to make a bet on how many pages the thread will be when the discussion starts in earnest on the accuracy (or lack thereof) of this kit?

I'm going conservative - 18 pages.

judging a kit by the picture, what a shame. this was the picture they showed when they first announced it. I have a feeling they will get it right.

jennings, who cares about the dash because I obviously don't. I can't believe some of you people on here.

Edited by randypandy831

judging a kit by the picture, what a shame. this was the picture they showed when they first announced it. I have a feeling they will get it right.

jennings, who cares about the dash because I obviously don't. I can't believe some of you people on here.

I'm thinking that 11bee was being sarcastic actually.

Well, all they need now to be taken as a serious manufacturer is a 1/48 P-51D. ;-)

And a Mustang I, P-51, A, B & C (with and w/o fin fillet) to complete the series

As for the 109, would parts for one of the recce variants and/or one or more Slovak marking options be too much to hope for?

I'm thinking that 11bee was being sarcastic actually.

Thank you Nerdling! Yes, that post of mine was supposed to be humorous. My bad. I was mocking other posts where people noted inaccuracies with the box art and then assumed that the kit itself was garbage.

I've actually got high hopes for kit.

Edited by 11bee
Could the OP please change the title of this thread so it reads "Eduard 1/48 Bf109G-6"

It would still be wrong as it is missing a space (according to period Luftwaffe documentation). I have seen both BF109 G-6 and Bf109 G-6 (note capitalization) but there is always (so far) a space between the model number and variant letter.

I hope to see a Finnish sharkmouth!

Regards,