Eduard 1/48 BF109-G6

When I state the following:

I actually care a lot about the issues but I won't dismiss a company until I have the plastic in my hands. Otherwise, I am just giving my opinion which isn't based on facts.

I mean that the kit was ready for sale and I have it in my hands.

But I have seen the built-up plastic. Touched it, no. Seen it from about 5 cm distance, yes.

Was what you saw ready to sell? If not, it is not fair to call it the final product. I am not stating that the final product will be different, better, or worse. Simply that what you saw, since it wasn't for sale, is not the final product so it shouldn't be dismissed.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

It is such a tired old argument. "There is time left - so surely it will be fixed". While it just might be true that Eduard will magically fix this kit in 10 days before the release, how many times has it happened in history?

Whenever mistakes are pointed out in either CAD's or sprues/test build then that is pretty much game over. You will get the same mistakes in released kit too. If not all, then certainly most of them.

It is such a tired old argument. "There is time left - so surely it will be fixed". While it just might be true that Eduard will magically fix this kit in 10 days before the release, how many times has it happened in history?

Who stated that quote?

As you wrote, it might be true that Eduard fixes one, a few, or all their mistakes but we won't know until the final (as in it is ready for sale) product is released. Then we will know if Gabor was lied to by Eduard, or if many here have to amend their ways since (could it be a first?) a product was corrected AFTER showing CADs and a test shot but BEFORE being released for sale.

My point is this, please state everything you see wrong if you can back it up with photos, documents, etcetera. When the kit is released for sale, we can then state using facts if anything at all was corrected plus what still needs correcting.

By the way, I do hope that Zvezda releases a G series which includes the G-6 and G-14 to the quality I read about their F series. However, this is not even mentioned as a project so therefore relegated to the 'dreaming aloud' wish list.

Regards,

By the way, I do hope that Zvezda releases a G series which includes the G-6 and G-14 to the quality I read about their F series. However, this is not even mentioned as a project so therefore relegated to the 'dreaming aloud' wish list.

Regards,

Oh, but we do know, fom posts here or on HS by Mansur Mustafin, who does research for Zvezda, that G-6 is on the way with probably all four versions of the cowl bumps. Possibly but not necessarily delayed by Eduards effort.

Vedran

Edited by dragonlance

Whenever mistakes are pointed out in either CAD's or sprues/test build then that is pretty much game over. You will get the same mistakes in released kit too. If not all, then certainly most of them.

You are of course right. But dammed if it will ever sink in...

Robertson

OK for those who thought the first pictures we saw of the sprues was not going to get changed, here's the first evidence of changes.

The copper electrode and sprues showed the rear fuselage incorrectly having a line of rivets behind every panel line, as the first picture shows.

Now the new bottom picture shows that Eduard have corrected this and have got the rivets positioned where they should be.

1980158_259728664207326_1213587660_o.jpg

1795322_822034391144843_6857754437434820285_o.jpg

10269268_834207449927537_1644344328179561927_o.jpg

Edited by Tbolt

Next up the wing (wheel relief) bulge now appears to have the correct shape and angle to it - on the test shot Eduard showed us, it was not shaped correctly and was square with the ribs. Another good fix.

10286888_833309963350619_5493372158944992150_o.jpg

Edited by Tbolt

Wow, I will mark my Calendar for two reasons :

1. They are correcting the molds (something many stated wouldn't happen)
  2. It still seems to be on schedule (unless I am misreading what the -5 means)

Regards,

Then we will know if Gabor was lied to by Eduard, or if many here have to amend their ways since (could it be a first?) a product was corrected AFTER showing CADs and a test shot but BEFORE being released for sale.

Regards,

I believe the answer is in the post above. A bit more trust should be around. Every one makes mistakes but some do correct them.

Best regards

Gabor

Here is another look at what seems to be the final version of the kit.

http://www.detailscaleview.com/2014/04/first-view-on-eduard-bf-109g-6-main.html

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks, that version does have all the improvements I've pointed out though it still seems to have the incorrect wing to fuselage fairing with the bump in it, so maybe that's not getting fixed, which is surprising considering the improvements they have done.

Edited by Tbolt

I also think that it will build the Bf 109G-6 WNr.27169 "13 red" cowling of MGs should be different from the model of Eduard. Should be equal to 109 image below. Besides, it should also have the fairing on the right side of the compressor.

People who know the 109 correct me if I'm wrong.

Bf-109G6-R6WrkNr27083_zps227137b9.jpg

Bf-109G6-R6WrkNr270830_zps36292b4b.jpg

Thanks, that version does have all the improvements I've pointed out though it still seems to have the incorrect wing to fuselage fairing with the bump in it, so maybe that's not getting fixed, which is surprising considering the improvements they have done.

I dont think that small bump would be an unmanagable task for a modeller to get rid of it!????? To correct the bump on the wings would have been a far bigger problem! But it is corrected as far as I can see.

One should remember that there is no 100% kit and of course you will always have people who simply dont like, no matter what you produce in a kit! :bandhead2:

Best regards

Gabor

I dont think that small bump would be an unmanagable task for a modeller to get rid of it!????? To correct the bump on the wings would have been a far bigger problem! But it is corrected as far as I can see.

One should remember that there is no 100% kit and of course you will always have people who simply dont like, no matter what you produce in a kit! :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Best regards

Gabor

The bump itself would be no problem but someone said that the design of the fairing was different when this bump was deleted - see here http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1396977161/Re-+Sand+it+off- where it also says Eduard are correcting it so lets hope. But how noticeable that would be in 1/48th scale I have no idea.

Edited by Tbolt

I could not comment on that as I know little about the 109. The only reason why I got into this forum was that there was a chance to speak to Mr. Sulc at Moson 2014 and this was one of the questions that I put to him. Just wanted to help all those who are interested in the 109. I am sure the 109 experts will comment on the bumps and the fairings.

What I can see is as an outside observer of the 109 questions is that on the original artwork by Martin Novotny the bump was not there, in the revised boxtop artwork by Katerina Borecka the bump is now there. I am sure that the Eduard designers got the info from somewhere having had the chance to look at the real 109's in several museums.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

I could not comment on that as I know little about the 109. The only reason why I got into this forum was that there was a chance to speak to Mr. Sulc at Moson 2014 and this was one of the questions that I put to him. Just wanted to help all those who are interested in the 109. I am sure the 109 experts will comment on the bumps and the fairings.

What I can see is as an outside observer of the 109 questions is that on the original artwork by Martin Novotny the bump was not there, in the revised boxtop artwork by Katerina Borecka the bump is now there. I am sure that the Eduard designers got the info from somewhere having had the chance to look at the real 109's in several museums.

Best regards

Gabor

Yes I noticed it changed on the box art too. I also know little about the 109, but we will see what happens when the kit is released.

I am sure that the Eduard designers got the info from somewhere having had the chance to look at the real 109's in several museums.

Eduard seems to shy away from consulting external sources - not much we can do about it, I think.