Eduard 1/48 BF109-G6

And a Mustang I, P-51, A, B & C (with and w/o fin fillet) to complete the series

As for the 109, would parts for one of the recce variants and/or one or more Slovak marking options be too much to hope for?

ICM made the camera and camera fairing for a late F4 and G series 109. Been on the hunt for quite awhile myself as the kit is currently out of production. But on the otherhand Quickboost does the fairing in 1/32, but no camera.

gary

• 2 months later...

According to the 3-D mocki up Eduard has shown over on Hyperscale, the fuselage top does have that inaccurate curvature. Hal

What's actually wrong with the curve? I haven't seen the 'E' in person as I don't own one, is it just overdone?

But a 109 will sell 10,000:1 over the most well done golden age/interwar biplane.

And in fact, Eduard *has* done one of the single best interwar biplane kits ever - the Avia B.534. It's a **gorgeous** kit.

Snip

I'm not a fan of airplanes from the time of World War II...

If you'll just step up to this wooden stake atop this pile of wood, sir, the fire will be along shortly... ;)

Marc B.

And in fact, Eduard *has* done one of the single best interwar biplane kits ever - the Avia B.534. It's a **gorgeous** kit.

Agreed, I bought two even though I don't know of any sharkmouth schemes (it does have that look to its nose though).

Looking at the sprue shots, I don't see the hunch back, unless I need new prescriptions for my eyeglass lenses.

Regards,

why would you have to even bother with the engine if you were closing the cowlings anyways?

The engineering of the Emil made it extraordinarily difficult to attach the propeller robustly without the engine in place.

According to the 3-D mocki up Eduard has shown over on Hyperscale, the fuselage top does have that inaccurate curvature. Hal

I agree, but hopefully it is just an adjusted/forced CAD perspective, or something that has been corrected since... And for those who think that there are too many of those, just consider that the last "state of the art" Gustav attempt is a quater century old, and that the Gustav is 70%+ of the entire Me-109 production...

Robertson

I agree, but hopefully it is just an adjusted/forced CAD perspective, or something that has been corrected since... And for those who think that there are too many of those, just consider that the last "state of the art" Gustav attempt is a quater century old, and that the Gustav is 70%+ of the entire Me-109 production...

Robertson

What are we talking about here? Are you saying that the fore/aft curve is wrong, or the profile over the top (viewed from aft) looks wrongs?

Just as in that Czech show (http://www.detailsca...lease-8268.html ) where Mr.Sulc was showing off the new Me-109 in a weeks time the plastic test sprues will be there for all to see at the Moson show in Hungary too. So drop in on the weekend April 12-13 and have a look at the real thing, the plastic test sprues and not only the CAD images to make judgement!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

What are we talking about here? Are you saying that the fore/aft curve is wrong, or the profile over the top (viewed from aft) looks wrongs?

It is the profile front-back of the spine that is in question, not the right-left cross-section. Newly published side views of the sprues are, unfortunately, not convincing either: They confirm the excessive curvature of the spine profile, if you look right at the sprue attachment point area, and past the text trying to obscure the rest... I fear there is more going on as the diagonal rear canopy outline seems extremely tall...:

bf109g6campaign_5_2_2.jpg

There is still the incoming Zvezda Me-109G: That one at least will settle the issue once and for all. Even so, as soon as the Eduard kit comes out, anyone will be able to put it next to the benchmark Zvezda Me-109F, which already exists, and so we will know right away.

My cardiologist would probably prefer that mentions of the Hasegawa Me-109F/G/Ks (in any scale) be kept separate from sentences related to incoming Me-109 releases...

Robertson

P.S. Agree with Vedran that the recessed cowl bulge location is not a plus... The outline varied and now we are stuck with just one...

Edited by Robertson

It is the profile front-back of the spine that is in question, not the right-left cross-section. Newly published side views of the sprues are, unfortunately, not convincing either: They confirm the excessive curvature of the spine profile, if you look right at the sprue attachment point area, and past the text trying to obscure the rest... I fear there is more going on as the diagonal rear canopy outline seems extremely tall...:

bf109g6campaign_5_2_2.jpg

There is still the incoming Zvezda Me-109G: That one at least will settle the issue once and for all. Even so, as soon as the Eduard kit comes out, anyone will be able to put it next to the benchmark Zvezda Me-109F, which already exists, and so we will know right away.

My cardiologist would probably prefer that mentions of the Hasegawa Me-109F/G/Ks (in any scale) be kept separate from sentences related to incoming Me-109 releases...

Robertson

P.S. Agree with Vedran that the recessed cowl bulge location is not a plus... The outline varied and now we are stuck with just one...

Thanks. I don't own either the Eduard 1/32 or 1/48 scale Emil and I know the 1/32 one had a 'humpback' problem but I thought it had been fixed on the 1/48 one.

If there is any distortion in that photo of the fuselage then that curve is going to look worse than it is, I guess we will only really know when someone gets it in their hands but if it is a bit over done I guess it's not to difficult to sand it down a bit.

The engineering of the Emil made it extraordinarily difficult to attach the propeller robustly without the engine in place.

It would also be difficult to attach the exhaust pipes without the engine in place. It is necessary to put it in and to trim it to close the cowling. Other than this IMHO the kit is great...

Edited by vesthepes

It would also be difficult to attach the exhaust pipes without the engine in place. It is necessary to put it in and to trim it to close the cowling. Other than this IMHO the kit is great...

Of course this looks like this will not be a problem with the 'G' as the cowlings are molded closed, with only the gun trough as seperate piece, so it should all fit well.