Lynx Helicopter/ Revell Kit/ 1/32 scale

Hi

Ok, so back at it.

I was going to do a a crashed Skyraider on an aircraft carrier but it appears that I cant stay away from helos. My wife got me the Lynx from my birthday along with a bunch of photoetched parts from Eduard and a book on the English Lynxs.

I planned to do a crashed lynx on its side with torn blades, broken and separated tailboom from fuselage and transmission unit sheared off, I may show part of one engine as well. I doubt this will take 5 years to do but you never know at my speed.

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Good idea Oliver

Which boxing did you get, the UK version or the German version ? (so said in short)

Norbert

Royal Navy HAS .3. would not mind trying a French Navy version. My book shows only few photos of the French version.

Oliver

Hi Oliver

It is not possible to make a french version, they never broke one...

interesting to see how the composite blades brake with long rigid fibers showing.

Kiding appart, if you want to make a french version, you will have to do some conversion.

I have a bunch of pics for this if you want, and I think some of these were taken in Hyères...

let me know.

Norbert

For the shipboard crash there was one in the Falklands that took a pretty good hit on the deck of a ship.

That's the one I was thinking of. I believe a dud 1,000 lb bomb went clean through it. There is a picture of it somewhere out there on the net.

Wow Oliver, you just finished the most incredible and realistic Huey model and youre starting with another bird, WOW, i must say its coming along nicely, with your talent im sure this Lynx will be amazing. Im not a big fan of crashed helos but i think yours will be just great.

Keep it on with that amazing work.

Rod.

Starting out nicely Oliver. Great job and awesome subject matter. Crashed helos are always harder to do effectively. Yours looks like it is off to a great start.

Thanks dude. After looking at a bunch of photos of crashed Lynxes it does look like a challenging job.I hope I can pull that one off. I need to do some brainstorming. i think the key to this one is to pick the right crash..

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Wow Oliver! you're just starting and I'm already out of words!, I'm getting ready for another quiet thread!! please don't take two years to finish it!! so I can learn a couple of tricks while you're at it!

Worked on the recue hoist today. Still have to make the arm from the winch to the main pole, it has two angles.

The recue hoist so far is almost a match to the real thing. The white metal part is just for reference of scale( it is too big to use so I will scale down).

Oliver

007_zpsff0d0cbf.jpg

008_zpsfc3de90b.jpg

003_zps5b99d4ca.jpg

001_zps93a7d3a5.jpg