Formation lights

Hi,

Does someone knows where can I buy glow in the dark formation lights decals for 1/48 F-14 ?

Or maybe some glow in the dark sheet to just cut the stripes from it...or some paint...

I checked ebay but no go,nothing there.

So if anyone have idea,please share it.

Edited by Woody_

I know a lot of the CAM sheets have the glow in the dark slime lights on them. I used one on my 1/72 VF-154 build. One word of caution, make sure you use VERY hot water if you use the CAM slime lights. The glow in the dark ink makes the decals very thick. I broke one of the wingtip decals trying to get it to curl around the tip. I ended up having to use a heat gun to soften a second one up enough to get it to conform.

-Dave

I look at CAM web site,but nearly all F-14 decals are sold out. Only available are VF-51 and VF-21/41. But no info on that,I don't know if they include glow in the dark formation lights.

http://camdecals.com/?page_id=4&category=4&product_id=146

http://camdecals.com/?page_id=4&category=3&product_id=285

VF-103 Jolly Rogers no longer available,I only manage to find Jasmine Models decals,and will use them on my F-14B HobbyBoss. But still got to figure out how to find damn formation lights :)

I use the 6" x 1" glow strips made for camping. I think Coleman makes them. I think they're called safety strips. They come with adhesive backing, but I would use superglue. If the model is painted, cut them to size, but if you apply them before painting, mask just the glow area so there will be a raised/painted border for realism, which a decal does not give. I did a 1/48 F-4G Wild Weasel this way and it looks great.

Anytime. I forgot to add the link. Testors paints has a glow in the dark color set of paints. They work okay, I've bought a set before just to play around with. I used it to paint dash knobs on car models. Gives a nice effect for that. You have to start with white first though. I just went to their website and it looks like they have stopped offering the paint set but I've seen them online in hobby stores.

Just so you are not confused, the glow in the dark sheet I posted is a waterslide type of decal. Others were talking about the thick automotive kind of stickers I think.

Microscale Decals

Edited by gluefinger

I use the 6" x 1" glow strips made for camping. I think Coleman makes them. I think they're called safety strips. They come with adhesive backing, but I would use superglue. If the model is painted, cut them to size, but if you apply them before painting, mask just the glow area so there will be a raised/painted border for realism, which a decal does not give. I did a 1/48 F-4G Wild Weasel this way and it looks great.

Where did you get these strips? Thx

• 3 years later...

CAM Decals only used the "GLOW IN THE DARK" ink for a few sheets. Way to many problems with cracking during application. All of the old ORIGINAL CAM decals are out  of production and most are out of stock and will not be re-printed as CAM Decals. All new decals will either be CAM PRO or MILSPEC Decals. The NEW MILSPEC Decals line is growing and has a lot of updated decals from the old CAM Decals line.