Last F-14 Catshot Video?

I had a buddy over for beers tonight and we got to talking about the last carrier ops of the Tomcat. Even though there are tons of "last" vidoes out there, we realized neither of us had ever actually seen the very last catshot. Does anyone know where to find a vid of it?

I'm I correct in saying that the last F-14 launch from the cat was 163417 AJ-112?

There seems to be few "last launch" videos but none of AJ-112

Edited by scotthldr

Somewhere in my pile I have one single video of 164341's launch, which I downloaded many moons ago from the Navy website. Alas, I just can't find it right away. So to answer your question, there definitely was at least one. Strangely all public last cruise DVD's or captions of the final ops from July 28, 2006 seem to cover all possible ops that day but no publication seems to feature the last shot itself. Searched myself to death at that time and could only find this one single video. THere are plenty of photos around though. Let me have a look at my hard drive over the weekend, when I get back home.

I know someone also posted 164341's last touchdown on Sep 20. 06 in AMARG, but the photos seem to have gone lost as well.

I only have some of her last take off in Oceana that day.

Edited by bushande

Cool, thanks for looking. I just find it very odd that there is not more out there of such a relatively big aviation event.

Haaaa, took a while but found 'em.

Last Trap of 110, Last catshot of combat cruise (164341 but as Lion-201) and two clips of the last catshot (164341 this time as Felix-112). Albeit, the one from the Navy Times sadly only features a series of stills quickly following each other. The other one is a short clip (only a little more than a minute) narrated by Puck Howe. This one is a video shot from the island, but its a quite crappy quality, apparently only shot with the video function of a simple camera, no HD, sadly.

Is there any other way to post a video without U-tube?

Edited by bushande