Not sure about which plane I'm doing yet..........maybe "Pretty Penny".

Dean, before someone else rains on that parade, you may find that 'Penny' was not a bare metal bird, but a 'Project Lookalike' victim in silver paint (sort of)...

More here -even the lacquer recipe!

(Of course, the hot end was unpainted if that counts!)

I wasn't sure about that as I haven't done the due diligence but you have answered that for me. It is easily rectified. I have other options. Thanks for the heads up. Keep paying attention as there will be more screw ups.........

I'm looking forward to your build. I always liked the Super Sabre and almost wormed my way into a ride in one, but I couldn't quite pull it off. Will you painting the NMF or foil? Or perhaps some other secret technique we all would love to know about ^_^ !?

It will be paint. The secret technique will be what paint I use. Did you almost get to ride in a F model? I was offered to ride in a baggage pod on a Phantom once but I declined.....no belts. :salute:/>

Yea. I was helping a gentleman who lost his ticket after some low level "entertaining" in another plane. I was hoping I might get a ride in his F model but I couldn't pull it off.

After much consternation and around 6 hours of research, I will be building a D model that was a NMF plane from the 8th TFW when they were based in Itazuke, Japan before they went to Thailand. The Buzz # is FW 546. Someday before March I will get started.

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

I got some work done on the F-100D. The only choice OOB is decals for the inst. panel and side consoles:

DSCF0094.jpg

free upload

Not my first choice but closing the canopy will lessen the effect of decals.

DSCF0093.jpg

photo sharing websites

The seat itself isn't too bad but it will not be very visible once entrapped in the fuselage.

General question... how does this kit stack up to other manufacture's endeavours? l know the old ECSI was good and the new Italeri kit which l have here is not bad. I have my eye on the 1/72 C version by Trumpeter and unsure about it.

General question... how does this kit stack up to other manufacture's endeavours? l know the old ECSI was good and the new Italeri kit which l have here is not bad. I have my eye on the 1/72 C version by Trumpeter and unsure about it.

I generally build 1/48 subjects so I'm not very familiar with other 1/72 F-100's. I know Esci was considered top of the line in 1/72. This kit has really nice recessed panel lines, I'll take picts when I get the fuselage together. It has separate flaps & slats. The fit appears very good with what I have dry fit. I also know that the intake is wrong.......It's to flat on the bottom and would be hard to fix. I read someplace that the stance on the ground is wrong but easily fixed by sanding down the MLG tires as they are over sized to begin with.

More to follow.

Dean

Those are some of the better IP decals I have seen. I think they'll look great once it all comes together.

You & CorsairMan are probably right. They will look okay when it comes together. I just like the looks of raised details on IP's and side consoles.

Dean

I would realy like to build one in the near future. How does the model look comparring with Italeri one?

Great model in making!

Primož

I can't compare it to the Italeri because I haven't built one. I'm working on the wing assemblies right now and they are very nicely detailed however they are precise in their fitting. There's no way you could attach the wings with the leading edge slats attached as you (I should say I) would probably break them and they are to nice to break. I will post a picture of the wings when they are complete. :cheers:/>

Dean

I got a little work done on the Hun when not removing snow or at the chiropracter. <_</>/>/>

DSCF0111.jpg

image ru

The wings went together really well. Once again the engineering is great.

DSCF0115.jpg

how to take a screen shot

The trailing edges are sharp as razors.

DSCF0127.jpg

screen shot windows

The wing tanks are coming along. More to follow.

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

A little more progress to report.

DSCF0141.jpg

image hosting 10mb limit

Everything is masked up and primed. The wing to fuselage fit was terrible. Filling, sanding & polishing fixed the poor fit.

DSCF0140.jpg

free picture upload

MLG instructions were about useless without reference photos.

DSCF0148.jpg

The base coat of Silver Leaf is applied and the

"hot section" is painted.

DSCF0146.jpg

image sharing

Now for the fiddelly part of applying shades of aluminum.

Dean

• 1 month later...

DSCF0182.jpg

upload pics

At last I have made a little more progress........at my usual snail's pace.

DSCF0184.jpg

image hosting

Painting is completed and on to decals.

DSCF0199.jpg

image hosting 10mb limit

For those planning to build this kit,the decals are not user friendly.

DSCF0204.jpg

adult photo sharing

I had to piece meal decals from other sources.

DSCF0206.jpg

uploading images

DSCF0207.jpg

upload pics

Hopefully I'll have faster progress after this. Sometimes nice weather gets in the way.