Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-35B

Thank you sir your too kind.

Last night spend alot of time on the PE part of the exhaust and did not finish it but had enough so put it aside for now.

IMAG0664_zps1b9e3abb.jpg

Today (day off) started working on the in my opinion biggest challenge sanding down the RAM panels not that experienced with scribing but

have to learn it so hopefully wont mess up this model.

IMAG0670_zps0b536831.jpg

IMAG0669_zps4fa1d8c1.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Nihad

Is that raise created with the grey paint? Because if I look at pictures of the plane in its (jade green) primer I do not see a raise in any panels.

The raise is seen by individual panels because they are seperate from the rest of the plane so thought they might get that raise by a special coat or paint.

By the way planning to make this plane diff. as in not grey. ( grey only for certain panels or parts as seen below)

F-35Bclose_zpsaacc9b8d.jpg

20071220_98a19b009be0ce8b8b222SOl4vIIwxmb_zpsd429f409.jpg

Nihad

Edited by B777_Nihad

Thank you guy's for the compliments work is going slowly these days scribing and riveting is a slow progress job still learning.

As I wrote before will do this plane in roll out colors so alot of rivets are added.

Also started on the cockpit would love some more pictures of the seat and also of the back of the cockpit so am searching the net for those and who knows.

What I painted so far.

IMAG0695_zps0a2239b4.jpg

IMAG0692_zps9944e313.jpg

IMAG0691_zps4dc0eaad.jpg

Work on the engine continued too couple of diff. colors of alclad paint added what is left is painting the details and some weathering on the engine itself so the details will come out a bit better.

IMAG0682_zpsd4c8d4f5.jpg

IMAG0681_zpscec32759.jpg

IMAG0680_zps5ca2bce0.jpg

IMAG0684_zps536266ec.jpg

also finished the nose gear doors and some more detailing added on the nose section as seen on some pictures (WIP)

IMAG0703_zps7301d350.jpg

IMAG0701_zps54c75182.jpg

IMAG0700_zpsa486a860.jpg

Nihad

you may already have these but here's a shot of the Martin Baker US16E seat.

http://www.jsf.org.uk/gallery_popup.aspx?url=/getattachment/80421d88-6e8f-42e4-b35e-705bcf08a2da/Ejection-seat-US16E-(1).aspx&caption=US16E%20ejection%20seat

also there are several good walk around photos of the f-35 during seat testing trials

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15390&start=15

and cockpit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II_mock-up_instrument_panel.JPG

http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/f-35-cockpit/

i hope this helps !

if you need any tips regarding riveting, i have a pretty good deal of experience.

looks great!

Thank you sir for the information and I am always open for tips.

I can tell you what I have for rivets : rivet wheels diff. types.(dont really like working with them hard to control them especially on rounded surfaces in my experience)

Even when using dymo tape they are hard for me to control.

I use a needle ( bought in a special airbrush ,paint,etc store) needle stays sharp and easier to control it does take longer obviously to rivet hihih.

Any other materials or tips or sites that show tutorials would be great too.

Nihad

Thank you sir for the information and I am always open for tips.

I can tell you what I have for rivets : rivet wheels diff. types.(dont really like working with them hard to control them especially on rounded surfaces in my experience)

Even when using dymo tape they are hard for me to control.

I use a needle ( bought in a special airbrush ,paint,etc store) needle stays sharp and easier to control it does take longer obviously to rivet hihih.

Any other materials or tips or sites that show tutorials would be great too.

Nihad

Cool!

I'll send you a pm on this. that way I don't take up too much space in your post.

Thank you Jeremy

Maybe I should do more work before I post pictures but like to share what I do sometimes daily.

tried using a brush painting the panels but did not like the result so did alot of taping and airbrushed the panels liked the result much better.

IMAG0707_zpse85e51ac.jpg

IMAG0708_zpsc3d7c8de.jpg

Again some more work on the engine/exhaust did some weathering to bring out the details a bit more and started painting the details.

IMAG0712_zps95565b2c.jpg

IMAG0705_zps1abf59b4.jpg

Did some test fitting and have to say worried all this work was done on the wrong model as the fit is really bad and get worse when more parts are added.

IMAG0713_zpsb486cb84.jpg

IMAG0716_zpsb6ada82e.jpg

IMAG0718_zpsa63d944c.jpg

IMAG0719_zps6c909d1c.jpg

Nihad

Edited by B777_Nihad

Nihad dont get dicouraged. You are doing great. It will pay off in the end. I know its a lot of work but this thing will be a stunner when complete.

I looked at one of our F-35's tonight and i guess the RAM panels could be tape but to me they look like they were taped of and sprayed with a thick coat of RAM paint. And yes the RAM would be applied after the aircraft gets its final coat of paint.

That being said you would avoid RAM coating on anything that will be the green color. Also make sure that the panels are completly flat where you are not going to put RAM on.

Great job keep it up sir she is a beauty.

Thank you Devilleader I thought the tape would make sence because of service panels or other panels that require to be opened on a regular basis but like you said making the roll out version and from all the pictures I looked at all panels are flat when no paint is yet applied.

Did some test fitting of the canopy to see if at least that part would fit ok and it actually has an excellent fit.

IMAG0722_zps0ef8a3b9.jpg

also glued the front section together and added the radome for removing seemlines I always use super glue (Zap a Gap)have to say use it for almost everything prefer it especially with scribing mistakes etc.

IMAG0736_zps64f6d185.jpg

IMAG0737_zpsb04f306b.jpg

sorry for the bad quality of the pictures have to use my phone for now.

I fill the panels with super glue and add the details that are also showing on the roll out version so no RAM coating on most panels some panels do show some lifted effect compared to others.

IMAG0735_zpsae67a339.jpg

on the picture below the left side has bin done and will continue on the right side.

Must say alot of work to do all these panels and not over do it so not to loose all the details.

IMAG0732_zpsfacd67f0.jpg

Thats it for now thanx for watching.

Nihad

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has bin very slow but almost ready to close up the 2 body halves just need to do some more

adjusting of the body parts so they will fit better probably have to use some heat.

Some pictures of the parts that are glued in the body parts prior to closing all other parts can be added with a closed body.

IMAG0770_zps4e97231c.jpg

IMAG0771_zps69aea074.jpg

IMAG0773_zps82766d4e.jpg

Thank you for watching.

Nihad