Painting white..

I am ready to do some FLAT Acrylic white painting and I'm thinking of using one of the following as a base coat:

Flat aluminum?

Silver?

Light gray?

Which one would be best for covering over gray styrene? Is there any differences in base coverage?

Thanks.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Some people swear that silver undercoat will help bring out the brightness of white paint sprayed over it. But having tried it myself, I could not see that at all. Personally, I prefer spraying Gunze Aqueous H311 (FS36622) as undercoat before spraying white (either flat or gloss). The H311 is very light gray, pretty much off-white really. So, you won't need to lay down too many layers of white over it to get good outcome.

+1 Tamiya Fine Surface Primer

It's not necessary to put any other white paint over this stuff, plus it has VERY good coverage. I personally decant and airbush thinned with a bit of Mr. Leveling Thinner :thumbsup:/>

/Jesse

Thanks for the advice and help.

I do have a can of Tamiya White Primer, but can't use it outside here in NJ. Have to wait until spring to use it for the warmer weather. Tamiya spray primer does not like 20Deg. weather.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

• 1 month later...