C-141B Starlifter camo colors

I have a C-141B in 1/200 scale that I plan on putting the European lizard camo scheme on. From looking at some pics on the net. it looks like the colors are european gray, european green and either a dark green or even a olive drab. Are those colors correct for the euro lizard scheme? Also, does anyone make different decals for this model from Cyberhobby.com? I am looking for decals with the McChord AFB marking on them. My father was a flight engineer on one of these aircraft during the late 70s theough the mid 90s. He passed away in '96 so I would like to commemorate this plane to his memory.

Thanks in advance

Little Jeff

I'm not aware of any aftermarket decals for the 1/200 DML kit. It's been OOP for many years. Fortunately during the Euro I period there were no distinctive unit markings carried, and everything was pretty much in black.

And BTW, I know of at least one C-141B that had the nacelles and pylons done in 34092 instead of 36118 per the T.O.

Edited by Jennings

C-141s didn't carry the kind of markings C-17s carry. As I said above, during the Euro I era, there were no distinctive unit markings. Just basic serials, "MAC", and stars & bars.

That's not 100% true. Towards the end of the Euro I era, some C-141s did sport tail bands.

Here's a Charleston machine in Euro I with a tail band:

C-141-Starlifter-145.preview.jpg

net photo

Here's a line of Starlifters at DM with tailbands and some in Euro I, the front two are McChord machines:

c-141B_60188_and_60129_tails_in_yard.jpg

net photo

And an Altus based Machine:

640617_altus_afb_ok.jpg

net photo

As for using a C-17 tail band, that would only stand a chance of working if one was making a post Euro I era Starlifter as the McChord tail band design was changed sometime after the Starlifters went grey in the AMC era.