Hey, Jake, with all your F-15C jets you are drawing, would it be possible for you to do a sheet with the Oregon ANG CAG jets? I know Carcal put those jets on a sheet recently, but they're wrong. They used red instead of orange on the tail. I would like to build that jet for my coworker, but if I use the decals with the wrong colors, he will notice. The Carcal sheet is also missing some of the caution markings, and that Iowa-shaped thing under the wing isn't on the sheet at all. I really feel like I wasted my money.

I know how much you care about accuracy, so it would be great if you would put this jet on a sheet for us. Thank you.

Hey, Rambler. I assume you're referring to the Klamath Falls flagship jet? At this time, I'd rather focus on subjects that have not yet already been covered, despite the errors on the existing sheet. Model decals is a very niche market, and unfortunately Caracal has already captured the Oregon ANG squadrons. Many people aren't aware of the mistakes on the Caracal F-15 sheets, and I don't think they'd be prone to buying another sheet with the same markings.

By the way, I think you're talking about the paint barn stencil under the F-15's right wing. It is actually the shape of Georgia on the Oregon jet. That is the depot, and inside the state outline, it has the specifics of the paint used during the jet's repaint. Colors, date, etc.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Jake

OK, Jake. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess I learned a lesson the hard way to do better research on a product and manufacturer before spending my money. The funny thing is I don't even think Carcal believes that the colors are wrong. Oh, well. Lesson learned. Thanks again for all that you do.

Yes, it is definitely orange. I have no idea where the idea of red Oregon came from. This is a jet I wanted to build, too, so I was sad to see the error on the sheet.

Tell you what, maybe I can add the 173rd's previous flagship to a future sheet. It was 79-0022. Although its vertical stab wasn't in full color, it is a MiG killer and it had really nice nose art.

Jake

173FW_JMelampy.jpg

Edited by jmel

Wow, You got them to paint your name right across the tail for you like that! Lucky you! :rofl:/>/> Tell them not to put it over the Eagle's talons next time though.

Aaron

Jake's got all kinds of pull around the ANG!

PS - I'd buy and build the mig killer decals!

Edited by longmc

Jake's got all kinds of pull around the ANG!

PS - I'd buy and build the mig killer decals!

I've decided to put it on the next sheet. It's too good-looking of a jet, and I really want some accurate Klamath Falls markings.

Jake