OT: Motley Crue Retirement Tour 2014

Band made an announcement today that they will be calling it quits and retiring after a 2014 farewell tour. Thru all the alcohol, drugs, miles and tutelage by Ozzy Osbourne, I'm surprised these guys are all alive and not in jail :cheers:/>

Seen them several times and let me tell you, these guys sweat sleezy rock & roll and have always put on a great show! Tommy Lee seems to get all the Tabloid press but I tel you that Mick Mars is from outer space on the guitar (looks like an alien too). :punk:/>

I once gave Tommy Lee the high five and quickly decided I needed to disinfect my hand. I read their book "The Dirt" a few years back and I still feel dirty. I remember being a youth in the early 80s watching them on MTV and actually being scared thru the TV tube of them, not what mama wanted me watching :coolio:/>

Wish them and their fans well, be strong and SHOUT AT THE DEVIL! :gr_devil:/>

Edited by toadwbg

Motley Crue have always been one of my favorite bands. I think Shout at the Devil, and Dr. Feelgood are two of the greatest albums ever created, and I would love to see them live since this would......maybe, be their last tour! Mick Mars, and Tommy Lee are just flat out awesome on drums and lead guitar, respectively! Will definitely miss those guys!

Although I listened to them all thru the 80s, it was their 1989 Album Dr. Feelgood that sold my soul to the Devil. I recall listening to that before and after football games in the locker room, in the car, on the radio, and on MTV 24/7. Was one of my first CD purchases and I still have it (very scratched up!).

Yea, I got my email notice for tickets since the wife always goes to the country shows that come to town. I had to chuckle when I saw AC was opening act. Question is, will he use a walker or be rolled out in a wheel chair?

Yea, I got my email notice for tickets since the wife always goes to the country shows that come to town. I had to chuckle when I saw AC was opening act. Question is, will he use a walker or be rolled out in a wheel chair?

I saw Alice a few years back and it was also a great show. More like twisted musical theater. His daughter is part of the act palying the female lead role. Sorta cool that he gets to go on the road with his daughter. She looks like him (lanky, long face, nose) just younger with blond hair and less sag :blink: :blink:

Yeh, the CrĆ¼es rule! :worship: I recall my lil' sis Astrid had this terrible crush on Nikki Sixx since the age of 5! :rolleyes: She would come to my room just to see my posters on thee wall. Almost fell flat on her buns when the band toured Buenos Aires for the first time in their career back in... 2012?

I've got all of their albums but the one in which Vince was not frontman - ne'er dug that bloke from The Scream -

Whut to say 'bout Tommy Lee as a drummer that hadn't been said before? The guy's a monster; while Nikki has always been the soul of the band. A for Mick Mars, being a metalhead since the age of 6, of course I've come to know guitar players FAR better than he is; ne'ertheless, there's this instrumental song called Bittersuite which is excellent. It says a great deal 'bout Mick as a guitar player.

Vinnie proved he's always been the right one to do the vocals when Generation Swine was released - an album that saved my life, literally. This is my all-fave album by the CrĆ¼es. Also, I real dug their first album when it was released; got the Too Fast For Love LeathĆ¼r pressin'

Cheers,

UncĀ²

I will concur that Alice Cooper is still quite lively indeed, and turning on a new generation to his volume of work. I'll suggest Along Came A Spider is probably the best Cooper album since he quit drinking. His choice of guitar player on this tour may be controversial with the broken hearted wannabes who didn't get the job, but she's good and easier on the eyes than the rest of the band.

Saw the Crue four times myself. First time was US Fest '83, twice on the Feelgood tour and the reunion show. One of the Feelgood shows was a two night stand at Alpine Valley, when they filmed the footage for S.O.S. Vince even scoped out my GF while we were waiting for the show to start which totally made her day. His voice was gone on the reunion show tho.

Ken

I have always liked the Crue and when they opened for Kiss a year or so ago it was a must see show.

THEY WERE GREAT! My wife did not think they were that great but I vowed next time they came through Chicago I was going to see them again!

Max Bryant

I recall my lil' sis Astrid had this terrible crush on Nikki Sixx since the age of 5! :rolleyes: She would come to my room just to see my posters on thee wall. Almost fell flat on her buns when the band toured Buenos Aires for the first time in their career back in... 2012?

I remember I'd nag the bloody critter by tellin' her that there were other good-lookin' fellas in metal; for instance, I'd show the lil' annoyin' pet piccies of Sebastian Bach, Don Dokken, Brett Michaels, Jon Bon Jovi, Robbin Crosby... :rolleyes:

To then insist with

Geoff Tate... :D

Dee Snyder... :lol:

Kevin DuBrow... :rofl:

Udo Dirksneider... :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, my God; my stomach hurts 'cause of the laughter! I'm in tears!! :rofl: No wonder why my sis hates me, huh?

Cheers "them"

UncĀ²

PS. Painkillers, anyone?