Tamiya announces new tool 1/72nd F-16CJ

is this the first reported thread where people are actually saying Tamiya DIDN"T actually need to do a certain kit?

You know right now I'm kinda tired of gray planes,new Viper camo does not excite me,I don't care for Raptor,Fail 35 or whatever like the F-15 Eagle or even worse Hornet and Superbug,'cept for now I never say on forums I don't give a F about them.But outside forums when friends ask me about these subjects I say they are gray,they are like a Ferrari you see one,you have seen them all.

I'm happy cause Tamiya is doing what I really hope is going to be the answer for a perfect Viper,I don't need many of them cause for a very few exceptions I scrapped any real life subjects build ups,so I will preorder them directly from Japan,avoid fees/vat and whatever excuse that will inflat their price,then it will just be a matter of time to have my F-16C Tallman from Ace Combat 2,my UPEO Gyrfalcon from Ace Combat 3 and finally since I found some decals my Skydive Falcon from the original Transformers series.Maybe a fourth will come not sure what it will be,I suppose another Ace Combat subject or maybe if they plan to do an early A block it will be the Viper from the Area 88 movie.

Personally I will get one or two, I am just slipping back into 72nd, and find it exiting to have a new tool F-16. The Hasegawa I built years ago was good for it's time, but that was 20 years ago...

Cheers

H.

You know right now I'm kinda tired of gray planes,new Viper camo does not excite me,I don't care for Raptor,Fail 35 or whatever like the F-15 Eagle or even worse Hornet and Superbug,'cept for now I never say on forums I don't give a F about them.But outside forums when friends ask me about these subjects I say they are gray,they are like a Ferrari you see one,you have seen them all.

Please tell us what you really think...you realize this is a forum about jets. Guess what most modern jets are gray! Why does everyone feel the need to post complaints about "wrong scale, wrong subject, wrong era, etc" every time a new release is announced? Guess what it's your opinion, and everyone has one. It's not going to change what tamiya or any other manufacturer is going to release so why post?

Please tell us what you really think...you realize this is a forum about jets. Guess what most modern jets are gray! Why does everyone feel the need to post complaints about "wrong scale, wrong subject, wrong era, etc" every time a new release is announced? Guess what it's your opinion, and everyone has one. It's not going to change what tamiya or any other manufacturer is going to release so why post?

Is because they are "gray" with nonexistent what ticks me off.If one EF-2000 is able to track a Raptor from miles away BVR what's the point to have that Raptor painted in plain gray camo,with very little individual markings?

I started to build models in the 1992,I was 11 years old,at first I was helping my uncle to restore his 1/12 Protar F1 cars,then I started with aircrafts as cars were more expensive.

In my stash I had around 1000 1/72 kits,tons of decals and aftermarket,not so many books as they were expensive or rare to find.So the .pdf was the only way to gather some info without getting bounced around forums,or subscribe to countless websites and do infite checks.I did all of that,I managed to gather information for around the 70% of kits and decals in my stash.After that I started to sell what was unharmed,what was a showbird,what was already seen,what was anonimous,what was decipted to be used in Vietnam but in truth the squadron was moved so it was just a plane with cool markings but not in the theatre etc

Tinned down my stash to around 200 kits,then had enough and since of certain people doing cool decals but blamming 72th scale for sale failures,or telling ehi look you do have a nice Skyhawk kit and his variations but it won't sell,sorry.So since meanwhile I was starting to collect game and anime figures,I started to follow the set of rules that I was using for figures,not going to list them here 'cept for this:

"Build and buy only what you really like,don't go Pokemon so don't cath'em all"

For figures is simple,I play games of which mostly are japanese visual novels,others are arcade games like Ace Combat or flight sims like Lock On,I watch their anime cause most of them have their origins located in a VN or in a light novel,then check online for avaible figures and purchase "my waifu" or the strong girl that I use to kick Ryu and Sagat butts so it will be Chun Li and Ibuki

For airplanes same as above,right now my to do list for airplanes with real markings is really small,like no more than 20 aircraft,helicopters and tanks from WW2 up to the Desert Storm,what comes after it will be only an aicraft with aggressor markings or temp camouflage.The others will be only aircraft,helicopters and tanks from anime and games,so in the end I will have shelf with eyecatching subjects instead of a gray line of monotone aircrafts.

Oh well I forgot about 1/24 cars but for that I will wait Aoshima to updgrade their Initial D line with Project D cars,just need the upgraded FD and the NSX from the final confrontation then it will be about finding a Fujimi FTO scratch the custom body of a LM Edition from GT1 and lastly I do need a Koenig's Countach.

So I'm not saying that Tamiya is doing something wrong in the wrong scale,the scale for me is correct,but is wrong when other companies care more about big dust catchers in 32 or even bigger scale instead of doing stuff in 72 and maybe 48.Is not that I need this,those and that in 72,as for now I'm only waiting for a good Jaguar since both Hasegawa and Italeri requires too much stuff'n scratch,Zvezda Flanker even if I don't know if they are planning to do the Su-35 and 37 prototypes as my Ace Combat line requires a Super Flanker and a 37,the definitive Fulcrum and I don't know,how bad are AZ Model's Mig-17?You know is not an Area 88 diorama if Shin's Crusader is not having fun against a Mig

Like people, all companies do thing right and do things wrong (they are all run by people you know). They'll make, what seem to us, crazy and/or smart decisions. Business wise, this is a gimme for Tamiya. The F-16 is one of the most popular modern jets. Just go to the ARC Gallery and see how many pages there are of the different jets. Having a F-16 in each of the major scales makes 100% sense to all the major players (Revell, Hasegawa, Tamiya, and Academy).

For the 1/72 jet fans among us, this release has been much anticipated and is now celebrated! I have heard the build reviews of the 1/48 Tamiya Viper. I have a 1/48 Tamiya Viper (even though it is not really my scale of choice) and i love the way it looks in the box. Knowing that, this 1/72 release is all the more exciting for me. I've got my decal collection out now so that i can see which schemes i can all do with the new Tamiya 1/72 Viper.

And as has been said so many times before, if you don't like the scale, color, plane type, so be it. Please come on in and keep commenting on how disappointing this release is. Hobby Boss releases a Hungarian tank of which only 12 entered service. Tamiya releases a Gamma Goat and people praised them for it. Hasegawa finally upscales their Draken and you can see the finished builds everywhere online. Now Tamiya finally releases their 3rd installment of their Viper series (one that was obviously coming but Tamiya always takes its sweet time on the long road) and the reaction is as it always is. Praise, indifference, and disdain. For me, i'll stop ragging on Tamiya for not releasing a 1/72 P-51B and for releasing a UE French thingy and a Gamma Goat. They've created a TON of goodwill in my book.

Is because they are "gray" with nonexistent what ticks me off.If one EF-2000 is able to track a Raptor from miles away BVR what's the point to have that Raptor painted in plain gray camo,with very little individual markings? ...

My point, which you completely missed, was that your opinion about what a company should or shouldn't have released is just that, YOUR OPINION. There is nothing constructive that comes from a completely subjective assessment of "they should have made X subject in Y scale". Debate the merits of the kit, the accuracy, the fit, build techniques, etc. But when it comes to subject or scale there is no correct answer. I like green, you may like blue. Neither of us can ever be right and neither can ever be wrong. Comments about "wrong scale, or wrong subject" just come across as whining. I'm not trying to rag on your personally, its just that this sort of complaining happens all too often.

As far as "gray boring jets" goes, well then you need to find another subject to build then. Most modern NATO jets are gray. That's a fact. Some of the most popular subjects modelers like to build are F-14, 15, 16, 18, etc. I also find it ironic that you specifically wrote off the F-18, as many of the most colorful schemes in the past 2 decades have been USN or RCAF. Military's have spent a lot of time and money to determine the best paint scheme for TACTICAL advantage. I don't think they give two rats behinds about what makes a pretty model. Again I digress,

For all modelers, how about next time a new release comes out, we leave the release thread to those who are interested in the subject, and not rain on their parade by posting "well it's not for me" comments.

Edited by graves_09

My point, which you completely missed, was that your opinion about what a company should or shouldn't have released is just that, YOUR OPINION. There is nothing constructive that comes from a completely subjective assessment of "they should have made X subject in Y scale". Debate the merits of the kit, the accuracy, the fit, build techniques, etc. But when it comes to subject or scale there is no correct answer. I like green, you may like blue. Neither of us can ever be right and neither can ever be wrong. Comments about "wrong scale, or wrong subject" just come across as whining. I'm not trying to rag on your personally, its just that this sort of complaining happens all too often.

As far as "gray boring jets" goes, well then you need to find another subject to build then. Most modern NATO jets are gray. That's a fact. Some of the most popular subjects modelers like to build are F-14, 15, 16, 18, etc. I also find it ironic that you specifically wrote off the F-18, as many of the most colorful schemes in the past 2 decades have been USN or RCAF. Military's have spent a lot of time and money to determine the best paint scheme for TACTICAL advantage. I don't think they give two rats behinds about what makes a pretty model. Again I digress,

For all modelers, how about next time a new release comes out, we leave the release thread to those who are interested in the subject, and not rain on their parade by posting "well it's not for me" comments.

I quite agree, and the irony is that the F-16 is one jet that has probably worn some of the most extensive and colourful schemes to ever adorn a jet aircraft, so in terms of variety, it's a subject with endless possibilities.

I think the "they're not doing things I want therefore they're going down the wrong path" is always going to be inevitable every time a new kit comes out.

Well, here are a few pictures of the TEST SHOT we received.

Please note this is a pre-production sample.

Not the greatest images, since these were taken with my camera phone.

49790441-9FDC-4502-AB90-B421ADDA6061_zpsradixp2p.jpg

55B2A567-06C9-45FA-BDBA-D51D37067503_zpsavrrzgtc.jpg

59A298B3-BA66-4F63-862B-265144327295_zpsphbmoiwo.jpg

3FF3A655-52AE-4317-BA68-B2EB6528813D_zpsswf6gofe.jpg

The detailing and engineering is a amazing in this scale. The bar has been raised up another level.

Edited by gtypecanare

This kit is an F-16CJ Block 50, correct?

Yes.

And if I wanted to build a Polish F-16, I'd want an F-16CJ block 52, right?

Yes.

Though, by the looks of it, other versions might be coming in the future.

After looking at sprues it is not big improvement over Revell kit. Yes it is newer date and technology but price would higher too so i will see.... But for sure i will buy couple :-)

Edited by mario krijan

around 3700

Is that what it says on the box? Because prices in the Japanese market are often significantly lower than in North America and elsewhere. I'd rather hear it from an official source.

Edit: Given the Tamiya 1/48 F-16's MSRP is 3600 yen, I sincerely doubt that the 1/72 box will be the same price.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10055295

Edited by -Neu-