New 1/72 Su-35 by Hasegawa announced in Nurnberg

So..... was the initial release just a small batch sold exclusively by HLJ ???

(HLJ is now showing it as 'Backordered' - which means 'Sold Out')

They don't seem to have hit Europe yet - at least I haven't seen any advertised.

Any US sources ???

Ken

I didn't preorder mine, but put a backorder for one just a couple of weeks ago and within a week they sent me the invoice and it's sitting in the private warehouse. I'm just looking to fill a shipment with other stuff to cut on shipping cost.

I guess HLJ sold out on their initial alotment but there's still plenty with the distributor and as soon as you place an order they'll get you one.

Quick question. Is that midnight blue scheme one that will be used on operational aircraft, or just for demonstrations?

I think this will be the mainstream painting, because the newly submitted or renewed planes comes out in this paint pattern too, and the other types, like new SU-34 and renewed SU-25 submitting in this pattern too as I see. And as I wrote before, the Gunze Aqueous H55 not good for dark gray, as Hasegawa recommended, because this is not blue. More better will be for example Gunze Aqueous H333 in a little lighter shade or equivalent, or to use AKAN paint.

Make a search in the Airliners.net from the real deal. Sorry for my bad english.

Airliners.net

Edited by zkalos

Newest Su-35S' has reverted to the original camo.

image_34.jpg

image_45.jpg

Su-34 has also reverted to original camo. Su-25SM's, remains to be seen but officially they should have as it applies to all RuAF aircrafts.

Newest Su-35S' has reverted to the original camo.

image_34.jpg

image_45.jpg

Su-34 has also reverted to original camo. Su-25SM's, remains to be seen but officially they should have as it applies to all RuAF aircrafts.

I did not know that. Thanks Berkut. You has more info from it.

Because the dark grey was pretty dumb to start with. Quality seems to be lacking too, or atleast the dark grey appears more worn out after shorter time compared to the blue camo for example.

It is also a political decision to a certain degree. The previous MoD shook up Russian military pretty good, some decisions were good but some were, eh... borderline retarded. One of the decisions he took was an uniform (kinda) camo across RuAF. He is now under a criminal investigation, supposed corruption.

Because the dark grey was pretty dumb to start with. Quality seems to be lacking too, or atleast the dark grey appears more worn out after shorter time compared to the blue camo for example.

It is also a political decision to a certain degree. The previous MoD shook up Russian military pretty good, some decisions were good but some were, eh... borderline retarded. One of the decisions he took was an uniform (kinda) camo across RuAF. He is now under a criminal investigation, supposed corruption.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer Berkut. According to this, we can not see more of these colour pattern birds ?

Only the several finished planes will be such colours a time, until it is painted over because of faded or wear out ?

This colour pattern looks very good I think, because of this elegant graceful design looks great in this pattern, highlights the beautiful shape.

Pretty much correct. I expect maybe a few more at most planes in the eggplant color (more correct word than grey really) as factories/repair shops either run out of paint or start implementing the reversion. Su-30SM's started out to be delivered in eggplant, now they are blue camo. Yak-130's has been through 2 different schemes, and are now on the third (!), blue camo. Su-35S started out in blue camo, then eggplant, now blue again. Su-34 has also reverted to original camo. So on.

However, seems russian navy will still use the eggplant camo. Their newly delivered Su-30SM's are in the eggplant color, and so is the newly delivered Il-38N. Eggplant makes even less sense for Navy planes than for land based, but i have given up trying to find logic in this whole deal.

I personally believe there is practically nothing more good looking currently than Su-35S in the blue camo, but that is me. :)

Artyom_Anikeev665_zps7479f302.jpg

097785-1.jpg

43af42fb3f4eae19ab57a253a6b95677.png

PS: Yes, they wont be painting over the current planes that are in eggplant color. Whenever they need a new coat, that is when they should get the "new/old" standard.

Edited by Berkut

The Su-35S has a "grill grid" like folding FOD in the intake channel, like in the older Su-27 or Su-33 planes ? I don't see this in the pictures.

Edited by zkalos

Happy, but we want old SU-35/37 with canard in 1/72 :bandhead2:/>

Yeah right now my plan is to buy a Trumpeter 33 and a 27 or a MKK cut them to pieces and do whatever I have to for an Ace Combat 3 Super Flanker

Or hope that Wolfpack someday will converter their 48 set into 72 and make tons of people happy

Happy, but we want old SU-35/37 with canard in 1/72 :bandhead2:/>

I'd like to hope that Hasegawa would catch the wave with their new-tool series and treat us to a whole Flanker Family, even to the extent of laying their old Su-27 tooling to rest at last...

Why? Zvezda has finally released their Su-27SM and plan to do Su-33, vanilla Su-27, Su-27UB, Su-30 etc.

Well Zvezda is more easy to handle and less parts to cut too,hope for something with MKK tails too,way too lazy to scratch things now

There is also information in lucky model mewsletter that kit is just in :-)

Ken you are not too old- two more years i think that all of us flanker lovers can go to heaven :-)

Edited by mario krijan

Re R-77's in the kit.

I did a comparison against Zvezda ones included in Su-27SM and found out following. Zvezda kit seems to have RVV-SD while Hasegawa has RVV-AE in Su-33/35S kits. AE is the original R-77 missile, and it isn't used by RuAF. SD is a new 11cm longer version, having longer engine and hence longer range.

Su-35S uses SD, while Su-27SM uses AE (only in theory really). Basically, if someone wants to use "R-77" on Su-35S one should use Zvezda ones, they are useless for Su-27SM anyway. Besides Zvezda includes pylons for them. Diameter of hasegawa ones is a bit too big while Zvezda ones are about spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...