New 1/72 Su-35 by Hasegawa announced in Nurnberg

That's what Hasegawa do - maximise their tooling investment by re-issuing their kits in numerous different guises.

They re-boxed their inaccurate Su-27 kit about six different times - with new decal sheets.

Although they didn't make any mods to the kit to correctly depict the aircraft on the decal sheet :woot.gif:

I suspect we will see the same with this 'limited edition' re-release - new decals, but no kit mods.

Still welcome though........ :thumbsup:

Ken

They re-boxed their inaccurate Su-27 kit about six different times - with new decal sheets.

Although they didn't make any mods to the kit to correctly depict the aircraft on the decal sheet :woot.gif:/>

I imagine there's no less than 10 reboxings of their MiG-29A. Even when the markings were for MiG-29Cs...

Also that's welcome news, Kotey.

I hope they include the decals or mask for doing the splinter camouflage of the 901, 902, but it is more likely Hasegawa will go the lazy route and just slam on some decals plus photoetch parts for the pitot tube.

• 2 months later...

I hope they include the decals or mask for doing the splinter camouflage of the 901, 902, but it is more likely Hasegawa will go the lazy route and just slam on some decals plus photoetch parts for the pitot tube.

I got the kit last week, and you were right. Oh well, more money to toss at Tamiya for masking tape. :/

I got the kit last week, and you were right. Oh well, more money to toss at Tamiya for masking tape. :/

Give us a mini-review please.....

Do they give the camo pattern on the instruction sheet ??

Have they incorporated the differences ???

What do they mean by "Kit features new fuselage and pitot tube parts" ??

Cheers

Ken

Cheers

Ken

I have said kit too,basically the extra bits are just a new sprue (L) with four new pieces a pitot tube,a different IRST pod,canopy fairing and another fairing without some panel lines that replaces the K3 piece for #901

this guy anyway is pointing some flaws regarding the wings and lerx (standard edition tough)

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~konjyo/su27/hasegawasu35s/

I have said kit too,basically the extra bits are just a new sprue (L) with four new pieces a pitot tube,a different IRST pod,canopy fairing and another fairing without some panel lines that replaces the K3 piece for #901

this guy anyway is pointing some flaws regarding the wings and lerx (standard edition tough)

http://www.k2.dion.n.../hasegawasu35s/

Yes, the lerx isn't the best compared to the Zvezda kit according to that review.

But there's no comment about the wings having flaws

If you're basing your comment from this pic and not reading the japanese text, then you've got it wrong.

panel.jpg

That pic text: "パネルラインの位置関係がおかしい" is talking about the panel lines on the vertical tail are in the wrong position, even the name of the pic is panel.jpg

Edited by Inquisitor

Cheers

Ken

What Mizar said, yeah. Do you need any shots of the sprues?

Yes, the lerx isn't the best compared to the Zvezda kit according to that review.

But there's no comment about the wings having flaws

If you're basing your comment from this pic and not reading the japanese text, then you've got it wrong.

panel.jpg

That pic text: "パネルラインの位置関係がおかしい" is talking about the panel lines on the vertical tail are in the wrong position, even the name of the pic is panel.jpg

I checked the translation once and missed the panel line part,thought it the wing aileron more shorter but when I measured both Zvezda and Hasegawa wings I could not find said difference ^^

Cheers

Ken

Now after searching for some ICM Su-27 insights as I was going to buy it for the spare missiles and rear fuselage parts,having found this

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=191601&st=80

I kinda understand better your question,so I do wonder has anyone ever tried to contact Sukhoi bureau kindly asking them if there it was any "external" difference with both stock Su-27 and Su-27M in the nose area?

Since those prototypes do fly or flew with the Russian Knights nobody ever tried to take some measurements without getting shot on sight?

Now I do not have the stock Su-35 by Hasegawa,I can measure or eyeball some differences by putting it next to the Zvezda kit,I have checked on some japanese forums and blogs but I can't see any differences between the two (stock & prototype),have to check russian forums but those are a mess and I do prefer japanese sources as for me are more easy to navigate through

I kinda understand better your question,so I do wonder has anyone ever tried to contact Sukhoi bureau kindly asking them if there it was any "external" difference with both stock Su-27 and Su-27M in the nose area?

Since those prototypes do fly or flew with the Russian Knights nobody ever tried to take some measurements without getting shot on sight?

Yeah, i am sure Sukhoi will promptly answer...

What has Su-27M anything to do with this topic tho? Su-27M =/= Su-35S. Russian Knights got Su-27M delivered but never actually flew with them. They are using vanilla Su-27 and Su-27UB. T-10M nose area is bigger, can't remember from top of my head the diameter differences. Su-35S nosecose has same diameter as vanilla, but it is shorter while the area in front of the windshield is longer.

As Berkut says, you need to distinguish between the ORIGINAL Su-35 (Sukhoi in-house code T10M) and the new Su-35S (T10BM).

The two are totally different machines - only 15 of the original Su-35 'Super Flankers' were built - 701 to 712 prototypes plus 3 'production' examples.

Five of them were painted in Russian Knights colours - but never flew a public display and are now languishing at Kubinka.

Getting up close and personal with a Flanker is not easy - but I did manage to measure the circumference of the radomes a few years ago.

On one of my many trips to Monino, I took a long length of string and tied a weight to one end (a film container filled with pebbles and taped up).

Making sure no one was watching, I threw the weighted string over the radome of the prototype T10M (Bort 701) and pulled it taut around the joint between the radome and fuselage.

Where the string met at the bottom of the radome, I made a mark with a felt tipped pen and quickly removed the string from the exhibit !!

Don't forget, the Flanker is a big machine - you can stand upright under the back of the radome - it isn't easy trying to maneouvre a bit of string on something that big :bandhead2:/>

During the same trip, we visited Khodynka - where I surrepticiously measured the radome of the only Flanker on display (the T10-20 record attempt machine) - using the same method.

I can report that the Su-35 radome is about 20cm (8 inches) greater in circumference that the T10-20 (which has a pointed radome, but is otherwise 'standard' diameter).

It isn't very scientific - it was done in a hurry (so as not to get shot :woot.gif:/> ) - and the string has a certain ammount of stretch - but it was all I could do in the circumstances.

So, in conclusion - I can report that the original Su-35/T10M - has a larger diameter radome than the 'standard' Su-27/Su-30/Su-33/Su-35S radome.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

As Berkut says, you need to distinguish between the ORIGINAL Su-35 (Sukhoi in-house code T10M) and the new Su-35S (T10BM).

Ken

You are really hell bent on using T-10BM, aren't you Ken? ;) It was never used at Sukhoi;

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=260945&view=findpost&p=2523195

I don't know its T-10 designation, unsure if any was ever designated really. All we have to do is to refer to them as Su-35S and there will be no confusion.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to rehash an old thread but I was just curious if the Hasegawa SU-35 kit is just the same as their SU-33 kit with new parts for the SU-35 variant? I don't have the SU-35 kit but looking at the instructions online, the fuselage halves ( upper & lower) look to my eye to be the same as the Hase Su-33 kit. Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry to rehash an old thread but I was just curious if the Hasegawa SU-35 kit is just the same as their SU-33 kit with new parts for the SU-35 variant? I don't have the SU-35 kit but looking at the instructions online, the fuselage halves ( upper & lower) look to my eye to be the same as the Hase Su-33 kit. Can anyone confirm this?

No. For starters the Su-33 has canards while the Su-35 doesn't.

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

The wing on the Su-33 is bigger in area and has double-slotted flaps, folding wings and tailplanes, a truncated tailcone, canards and a beefed-up undercarriage.

The Su-35S has no canards, Thrust Vector Control (TVC) jet nozzles, a different tailboom, non-folding wings and tailplanes, no dorsal speed brake, different undercarriage - plus a few other visual differences.

Apart from the above, they are identical......... :whistle:

Ken

PS - My build of the Hasegawa Su-35S is stalled - but it is a completely new mould.

Thanks Ken. I'll be getting 2 of the '35s then. Unfortunately, they're both the same boxing

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10270968p/10/1

because the Prototype boxing seems sold out ( or going for higher prices than I want to pay). I wanted to make one in the sinister dark grey scheme

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10270968b/30/1

and the other in the cool Prototype splinter scheme

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10308084p/10/1

Does anyone have the Prototype boxing and wants to trade the decals with me?

Edited by JackMan

The only thing the two kits share in common are weapons and canopy. In real world; they dont even share those things for most part.