New 1/72 Su-35 by Hasegawa announced in Nurnberg

Mike,

Do you mean TWO Su-35S kits??? - if so, who is the other one ???

Ken

Sorry Ken, not two Su-35S kits, just two new 1/72 Flanker kits. I was referring to the Zvezda Su-27SM. Tired brain equals unclear posts... Apologies for the confusion.

Mike

Thanks for the clarification Mike....

That means we'll get the two latest Flanker upgrades - the Su-27SM and the Su-27BM (which is what the Su-35S was originally called).

Think of the suffixes as meaning Small Modification (e.g. minor upgrade) and Big Modification (major upgrade).

Things are looking up in FlankerWorld....... :banana:/>

Ken

Thanks for the clarification Mike....

That means we'll get the two latest Flanker upgrades - the Su-27SM and the Su-27BM (which is what the Su-35S was originally called).

Think of the suffixes as meaning Small Modification (e.g. minor upgrade) and Big Modification (major upgrade).

Things are looking up in FlankerWorld....... :banana:\

Ken

Ken, i am sorry to say and i mean it in best way possible, but you sound like broken record in regards to designations.

SM does NOT stand for "Small Modification".

Su-35S was never, ever, called Su-27BM. Again; never, ever. :)

Look here for summary.

Bonus.

PS: And with Hasegawa's release of Su-35S i guess 757flyer's life just became much easier. :woot.gif:

Edited by Berkut

Ken,

I was thinking Super Machine and BadA$$ Machine ;)/>

Berkut - GREAT memory. Yes, life certainly will get a lot easier for me with the Hasegawa kit! Red 07 may just happen for me yet!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Sukhoi_Su-35S_07_RED_PAS_2013_01.jpg

I didn't see any response to my earlier question... Are there any good scale drawings of the Su-35S available?

Thanks,

Mike

No, there are no drawings of Su-35S. Isn't really terribly needed as other than the details in my list framewise it is pretty much alike with Su-27. Closest things to drawings are the profiles here:

http://www.knaapo.ru/eng/products/su-35/index.wbp

Also found in PDF brochure:

http://www.knaapo.ru/media/eng/about/production/military/su-35/su-35_buklet_eng.pdf

But it is lacking a lot of sensors and the like serial frames got.

• 3 weeks later...

For those storing up reference photos for the forthcoming Su-35S kit...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Sukhoi-Su-35S/2401260/L/&sid=86f711b1008442ce32a2678b174704ac

Mike

"Uhh...huhh-huhh-hhh! Dammit, Beavis -TWO TVs and you can only get shows about, like...dials an' stuff...!"

Many thanks for all the great info and refs, gentlemens. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Kit up for preorder on Hobby Search.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10270968

It's a July release at the same 3600 yen MSRP as the SU-33. Or discounted 3060 yen at HS or 2880 at HLJ.

From the description.

First, from the weapons list and numbers it seems to have the same weapons sprues as the Su-33. And new are the KAB1500 and Kh-31.

They got the down position for the vectoring thrust nozzles as an option

And it includes A PILOT FIGURE! w00t.gif/> F*** any innacuracies a pilot figure is a win by default!

Edited by Inquisitor

From the description.

First, from the weapons list and numbers it seems to have the same weapons sprues as the Su-33. And new are the KAB1500 and Kh-31.

They got the down position for the vectoring thrust nozzles as an option

And it includes A PILOT FIGURE! w00t.gif/> F*** any innacuracies a pilot figure is a win by default!

:banana::nanner::banana: !

Many thanks for this, Sir -pre-ordered @ HLJ.

Good time to be in air modelling or what! :yahoo:

Edited by ChippyWho

Guys, i have a little chaos - too many Flanker's in 1/72.... Zvezda Su-27SM is the same aircraft as Hasegawa Su-35S ? Or where is main difference ? Is Su-35S biggest as Su-27SM (for example it is a biggest derivate as is Super Hornet derivate of legacy Hornet ? ) or main differences are under the skin ? (Avionics etc...) It is still 1/72, yes, Flanker is probably bigger fighter in world, but in 1/72 is still small. Or it is a here a few visual differences between Su-27SM & 35S ? I can buy a Zvezda Su-27SM(25USD approx. 500CZK) and Su-33 from Hawa cost 50USD (1000CZK)... And this is too many for 1/72 Flanker....

Guys, i have a little chaos - too many Flanker's in 1/72.... Zvezda Su-27SM is the same aircraft as Hasegawa Su-35S ? Or where is main difference ? Is Su-35S biggest as Su-27SM (for example it is a biggest derivate as is Super Hornet derivate of legacy Hornet ? ) or main differences are under the skin ? (Avionics etc...) It is still 1/72, yes, Flanker is probably bigger fighter in world, but in 1/72 is still small. Or it is a here a few visual differences between Su-27SM & 35S ? I can buy a Zvezda Su-27SM(25USD approx. 500CZK) and Su-33 from Hawa cost 50USD (1000CZK)... And this is too many for 1/72 Flanker....

The Su-35 is a very different aircraft from the Su-27 (be it P or the SM versions) but I am sure Flankerman and Berkut will fill you out on the differences very soon.

The Su-35 was on show last year at MAKS and it is very differen in many details, the Russians were not to happy to see so many cameras around their new plane. . . :coolio:

Best regards

Gabor

since you mentioned Hornets - if basic Su-27 is F/A-18A, then Su-27SM is like a C version... but better (longer time between two versions and consequently better upgrade). Su-35 is like an E version.

Flanker is small in 1:72? It's about the same size as 1:48 F-16. Cost wise in the end if you just want to have a Flanker in your collection and you don't care which, buy Zvezda since it's cheapest

Zvezda Su-27SM is the same aircraft as Hasegawa Su-35S ?

No. Look at the page one for the difference i listed. Those are versus vanilla Flanker, but pretty much ALL of them are also vs Su-27SM.

Is Su-35S biggest as Su-27SM (for example it is a biggest derivate as is Super Hornet derivate of legacy Hornet ? ) or main differences are under the skin ? (Avionics etc...)

Kinda. But the differences are under the skin and certainly avionics. There is pretty much nothing left of the original Su-27 inside of a Su-35S.

Or it is a here a few visual differences between Su-27SM & 35S ? I can buy a Zvezda Su-27SM(25USD approx. 500CZK) and Su-33 from Hawa cost 50USD (1000CZK)... And this is too many for 1/72 Flanker....

I would say they are certainly very different even visual even tho all the main frame bits have been unchanged. And you say that there are "too many" Flankers in 1/72 like it is a bad thing. ;) It is certainly not a bad thing to have a new tool Su-27, Su-33 and Su-35S with many more to follow.

As to the kit, fantastic that KAB-1500's and Kh-31 are included. Now i need to decide which one to build... :thumbsup:

097785-1.jpg

098952-1.jpg

I have now only a Shenyang J-11, planned Early Flanker , now Su-27SM.... But i look for main visual differences... (Chinese have "israeli" missiles, early have different stinger (beaver tail) and anti flutter balances, i can bought a Su-27SM (probably tomorrow).... Scale.... i prefer a 1/48, but here is old Academy and this i have... (I know - in prepare is Sea Flanker from new Chinese company but i excepted a price around 100USD... And yes, Flanker is big in small scale :)/>/>)) Which is main visual differences on new Su-35S ?

Oh yes, i found this

New construction of tail

No air brake

Bigger nacelles

New engines with vectoring.

Edited by AlCZ

SM is mid life uprgrade

SM3 are new airframes not delivered to China

Su-35 latest development from M version without canards and with all stuff already exported- 3d vectoring on engines new radar,fadec and all weather attack and air defence capabilites

All of them are single seater :-)

But I actually miss M version :-(

SM3 are new airframes not delivered to China

Some were new build, some were stock.

Su-35 latest development from M version without canards and with all stuff already exported- 3d vectoring on engines new radar,fadec and all weather attack and air defence capabilites

Not true at all. Su-35S didnt use Su-35 (Su-27M/T-10M) as basis. It used Su-27. And none of the things on Su-35S were exported separately from Su-35S. MKI radar and engines are not the same as on Su-35S.

Berkut for sure.they use technical data developed in M program into Su-35 program.... Because it is same construction department :-) also same producer of engines and all experience from MKI development is for sure in 35S project.

I am engineer in construction department and cannot imagine that they didnt use technology from export programs.... After all they finance all those projects from export projects :-). They use vanilla flanker for base because it is cheaper than start production of M but for sure they put all good stuff from export project and make affordable new generation flanker.

Berkut do you have any proof.of different.size of.intakes :-) I didnt notice

I have looked into the matter a few times and i haven't reached a 100% conclusion. I haven't seen any difference so i tend to lean towards that there is none. Even if there is, there is certainly not enough difference to be justified in 1/32, yet alone in 1/72.