New 1/72 Su-35 by Hasegawa announced in Nurnberg

Btw, the new canopy you got from Zvezda, do you see "frosty" imperfections in it or is it perfectly clear?

The replacement canopy is definitely an improvement over the truly faulted initial one and will surely not draw [easily] any unwanted attention towards it. "Frosty imperfections" captures indeed its essence, if you look closely. Perhaps in a future production run Zvezda will manage to produce perfectly clear parts. I doubt there are any to be found in the current batch of the Su-27M kit :(

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I missed this info BUT do we know/can we tell if; the basis for this kit is NOT their original flawed Su-27?

Thanks

Of course this kit is not based on their original antique 1:72 su-27. However, this kit seems to re-use the canopy from their 1:72 Su-33.

I mean the hasegawa su-35 is still a very good kit, but they can do a even better job if they re-tool the canopy.

Edited by Jeff

The Japanese reviewer has highlighted the relationship between the IFR probe and the retractable light below and behind it.

I'll make no comment - other than posting this photo I took at MAKS 2013....

su-35s_001.jpg

Ken

PS - I took loads more photos - I'll try to find some time to do a walkround for you.

The Japanese reviewer has highlighted the relationship between the IFR probe and the retractable light below and behind it.

I'll make no comment - other than posting this photo I took at MAKS 2013....

Ken

PS - I took loads more photos - I'll try to find some time to do a walkround for you.

The reviewer says the retractable light detail on the hasegawa is too tall and oval shaped instead of round. Maybe it'll impossible to fix, not even a modeller with 80 years experience would be able to do it... :whistle:/>:P/>

Edited by Inquisitor

Ken, belated thanks for the excellent photo of nose details. You Da Man!

My specimen arrived today from HLJ; haven't had a chance to go into forensic depth yet but it all looks to be done with the usual Big H refinement. Also (as indicated in the review linked by Inquisitor), there appear to be some decals for additional aircraft not covered in the instructions. :dontknow:

The canopy (bwaahaahaaa!) is a decent 'Omega' section, with a little mould line to tidy up. WOO-HOO!! IN YOUR FACE, TRUMPETER AND (OK, Zvezda is exempt due to the weight of opinion among fellow ARCies)!!! Yes it DOES make all the difference for me, I'm afraid :rolleyes:.

The only other obvious thing is the In-Flight Stand: it is a work of art, but the 'footprint' is quite compact -a large, hefty thing like a Flanker may not be too stable perched on it.

Edited by ChippyWho

Also (as indicated in the review linked by Inquisitor), there appear to be some decals for additional aircraft not covered in the instructions. :dontknow:

As i indicated in a separate thread regarding the accuracy of the kit, not all of the marking can really be used if one wishes to build OOB.

Btw, for those that want to build the first two prototypes (or three...) i am about 99% sure Hasegawa will do a separate boxing for them judging by the clever breakdown.

For anyone wanting to compare the kit to the real thing, you should look on scalemodels.ru site for the pages on the Su-35 and the latest posts today have some orignal Sukhoy factory drawings. They are amazing and declassified with all structural details.

Best regards

Gabor

For anyone wanting to compare the kit to the real thing, you should look on scalemodels.ru site for the pages on the Su-35 and the latest posts today have some orignal Sukhoy factory drawings. They are amazing and declassified with all structural details.

Can you provide a direct link? Even with google translate I can't seem to find anything on their site. My search there for S-35 returned links for a Somua S35 tank... :(

Can you provide a direct link? Even with google translate I can't seem to find anything on their site. My search there for S-35 returned links for a Somua S35 tank... :(/>/>

I think he means here. The links to the drawings are in the 10th post and later ones by Ly_VanGun.

If you searched 'S-35', that's probably why you got the tank!

Many thanks ya-gabor!

Edited by ChippyWho

My search there for S-35 returned links for a Somua S35 tank... :(/>/>

S-35

S-

I think i have located the issue. :)/> Btw, searching in Cyrillic helps too.

Anyway, the links that are of interest are these:

http://postimg.org/gallery/3b2m0zmji/

http://postimg.org/gallery/1kjtd53w/

Amazing stuff for sure. Thank for heads up from Gabor.

PS: The size of the files is MASSIVE. 9000+ pix.

Edited by Berkut

Can you provide a direct link? Even with google translate I can't seem to find anything on their site. My search there for S-35 returned links for a Somua S35 tank... :(/>

Hi Habu2,

Sorry I was asleep during the night so could not reply to your question immediately. I am so sorry for this! :D :D :D But Berkut was right, and the link he has found is the one I was referring to.

The drawings should be taken with some caution, the Russian T.O. Manuals do have a drawings of the different service panels, giving their exact name (or number) and these drawings are not exactly part production drawings, true scale drawings of the units. So I would not be 100% certain about some of them. They do give you number and location of different panels but that is all. Some of the structural drawings are excellent and you can learn a lot from them. Just as from the undercarriage details.

I like the ejection seat photos, they clearly show one fact which has been always looked over by the Eduard designers on the prepainted etchings, the harness system has never been made of black material!!!! The seat padding was in the past black artificial leather, now it is green textile. But the harness system is not black!

Best regards

Gabor

A somewhat naïve question but on the seat pages, it's marked T-50. Is it PAK-FA documentation that's relevant to the Su-35 ?

The seat is relevant. It is the new standard Zvezda seat fitted to new types.

Best regards

Gabor

A somewhat naïve question but on the seat pages, it's marked T-50. Is it PAK-FA documentation that's relevant to the Su-35 ?

T-50 and Su-35S shares more than you think actually, including seats. Makes perfect sense to not have two different ones in production for the two new types.

As Gabor has touched upon the drawings are not all in the same scale. It seems they are all the same *size* but since they wary in how big the part is, not same *scale*. But once someone manages to get them in same scale and glue them together, one can work from that (since we know length/wingspan) and get them to exact scale. Once all of that is done, i am fairly convinced they will be very very accurate.

Someone on scalemodels mentioned that the vertical tails in the drawings are from prototypes but they prototype ones and production tails are really the same, minus the slim lights and real RWR sensor instead of dummy.

Edited by Berkut
As Gabor has touched upon the drawings are not all in the same scale. It seems they are all the same *size* but since they wary in how big the part is, not same *scale*. But once someone manages to get them in same scale and glue them together, one can work from that (since we know length/wingspan) and get them to exact scale. Once all of that is done, i am fairly convinced they will be very very accurate

Sure but not suitable to create a 3D model: no cross-sections (frames).

As Gabor has touched upon the drawings are not all in the same scale. It seems they are all the same *size* but since they wary in how big the part is, not same *scale*. But once someone manages to get them in same scale and glue them together

A friend has just done that: http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/sechen/media/su_27_zpsd9092d3f.jpg.html

That is cool, but it would be great if the resolution was kept as close to original as possible. Imgur.com can support original size pictures for example.

I believe the actual seat designation is at the top right -'K36D5' (etc)? It looks like it has foam covering around the head box; I wonder if this is common practice for other variants in Flanker installations...or maybe they didn't quite finish unpacking it before the shoot!