Long term project finally done. I originally bought the 1/48 Italeri MH-60K kit the week after they got Bin Laden. I also got the Cobra Company MH-60K detail set to make up for some of the MH-60 kit's shortcomings. Neither the kit nor the detail set included the M134 Miniguns so I got those from Armycast. In addition to all that resin I added a completelys scratchbuilt cabin roof, and interior walls using stryrene bits,wire and bits from the spares box. The decals are from Cobra Company as well. The stowage items in the cabin are from Black Dog.

I worked on this off and on for three years and almost gave up after a paint disaster. I recently pulled it off the shelf after going to the movies to see Lone Survivor. The SEALs theme led me back to the project.

I suppose it is appropriate that the motto of the 160th SOAR is Night Stalkers Don't Quit....

Without further ado here is my...

1/48 MH-60K Nighthawk 160th Special Operations Air Regiment, United States Army.

DSCN1770_zpsa6722552.jpg

DSCN1791_zps7a1a0dc4.jpg

DSCN1808_zps004ad039.jpg

DSCN1768_zps81257cae.jpg

DSCN1775_zpsb4dbe681.jpg

Zach

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, Motta said:

Really nice, Sir!

I would like to do a similar project... however Mr. Chris Miller @cobracompany refuses to sell me this set because I'm Brazilian... 

Cobra Company sells and ships worldwide. If the customer fails to order because he objects to international postal costs it is his own choice.

Chris M

Spitfireguy... sorry for the off topic.

2 hours ago, Chief Snake said:

Cobra Company sells and ships worldwide. If the customer fails to order because he objects to international postal costs it is his own choice.

Chris M

Mr. Chris,

Thanks for clarifying! I will send my order today to an US address to make it easier for shipping and tracking.

Thanks so much,

Jose

• 5 months later...
On 24 de novembro de 2016 at 11:37 PM, hawkwrench said:

I'm sure it's not because you are a Brazilian, but because of overseas shipping issues. Chris is a great guy.

It has nothing to with your nationality I imagine.

Tim

Well... After my post here I could finally buy what I wanted HOWEVER after that... Mr. Chris Muller blocked any IP address from Brazil to get access to his web site!!! 

Happy modeling! 

Really, you still think it is a conspiracy against Brazilians???:sunrevolves:

Cobra Company (CC) closed down about a month ago.  He went out of business.  No one can get to his website because it is gone.   Lone Star Models bought all his stock and masters.  They have some of the stuff on sale now and plan to offer the full CC line soon. 

CC at Lone Star Models:  http://www.lonestarmodels.com/Cobra-Company.html

Edited by HeavyArty
30 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Really, you still think it is a conspiracy against Brazilians???:sunrevolves:

Cobra Company (CC) closed down about a month ago.  He went out of business.  No one can get to his website because it is gone.   Lone Star Models bought all his stock and masters.  They have some of the stuff on sale now and plan to offer the full CC line soon. 

CC at Lone Star Models:  http://www.lonestarmodels.com/Cobra-Company.html

What a shame... Cobra company sets are the best!

Thanks for the clarification, sir!