I would love to see your WIP pics of how you converted the E to a D.

cheers,

Mike

Sorry, but I didn't open a WIP thread; anyway, here are the modifications I made to the Revell kit; wheels weren't modified, even though the Strike Eagle wheels are a bit wider than the regular Eagle's wheels...

F15wip_zpsb4cc9e2b.jpg

F15wip2_zpse05cbf3e.jpg

F15wip3_zps1c060dd7.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm building this right now in 1/72 scale, using Hasegawa's boxing. I'd be very interested in learning how you can achieve such an excellent paint job. What did you use for masking?

I'm building this right now in 1/72 scale, using Hasegawa's boxing. I'd be very interested in learning how you can achieve such an excellent paint job. What did you use for masking?

Mike, I first painted the underlying grey camouflage using the italian equivalent of Blu-tack...

IMG_1702_zps0c76b0f9.jpg

...I then masked the panel lines with thin stripes of tape (it's a japanese pre-cut tape very similar to the tamiya one...i don't remember its name though...). The splinter camouflage was masked with thin stripes of low-adhesivity car masking tape...

IMG_1715_zps2acbe637.jpg

I first painted the sand patches...

IMG_1720_zps6a3a89bc.jpg

...then the brown...

IMG_1734_zps9f62a9c6.jpg

...and the black ones. I did it this way in order not to overlay any patch of color, since I didn't want to have any step caused by the thickness of the paint.

I used Gunze acrilics thinned with Tamiya Lacquer thinner...

IMG_1744_zps2a98a948.jpg

Hope useful, cheers!