Question about RF-4

Hey there just wanted to know if I would be overshooting this at all. I want to know if a Recon plane such as this one would have had say for instance 2 AIM-9 SW, and maybe 2 AIM-7 Sparrows slung under her belly? Just thought it would look cool, but at same time would she need some protection? Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!!!

Great thanks alot guys appreciate the info. Yeah the kit I have has no forward sparrow rails, and has parts to blank off the aft rails. I was actually thinking of just doing 2 sidewinders. Typically was side port or starboard, and did they have two at one time? Say one on each, port and starboard, or 2 on either?

D&S says that as of the pub date of 1994, Nine aircraft had sidewinder capability, and has a photo of an RF-4C with the rails on the Right pylon. (BH 64-080)

C&M (same publisher, Bert Kinzey) shows BH 64-057 with the stubs of the rails sticking out past the pylon tips (right side again) and two sides of BH 117, 65864 in color, with the rails on the right side, and a travel pod on the left side. 65843 has rail tips showing on the right side, also,,,,,,,as does an inflight color photo of the Birmingham anniversary scheme on 64041

in your searches online, here are some keywords that might help,,,,,,,,,, Alabama ANG in Birmingham, 106th TRS (or Tactical Recon Squadron), 117th TRW (or Tactical Recon Wing) RF-4C Alabama

the Alabama ANG in Montgomery doesn't seem to have participated in this, all the pics I have of them show empty pylons, travel pods or ECM pods on the inner wing

anyway, there are at least 5 aircraft in print photos, so maybe you can find them online, and maybe the other aircraft?

Good question Jeremy I know nothing about the RF-4 but I'm sure these guys have stated correct responses. I'm hoping everything I sent you is being used.

I can't wait for the start of the RF-4 if that's what your building first. Any luck on the tomcat exhaust nozzles yet. Stay in touch my friend hope all is well and will be following closely. Take care

Jari, your link takes me to a little artwork jpg,,,,is there something you could do differently with that link?

I would very much like to see a pic of a Minn Air Guard with sidewinders

Jari, your link takes me to a little artwork jpg,,,,is there something you could do differently with that link?

I would very much like to see a pic of a Minn Air Guard with sidewinders

Hi Rex, just do a google image search for RF-4C AIM-9 and it should come up.

Jari

Add to that there were no recesses in the underside for Sparrows on the RF-4.

In reference to this statement, what would be the best way to fill the Sparrow

recesses on the Revell 1/32 RF-4C? I want to build it as soon as Jmel comes out with

his 1/32 RF-4C sheet. Kind of a big area to try to fill.

Cheers,

Jerry

I would use parts 80 & 81. It's what they're for. Still would be not quite accurate, but that goes for every Phantom kit, no dedicated RF-4 rear lower fuselage.

Thanks Pete. I haven't really taken a good look at the kit out of the bags yet.

Just noticed that the Sparrow recesses were there which I knew they would be

and thought to myself that they were going to take some extra work to fill.

Cheers,

Jerry