• 1 month later...

Oki, I know this update´s been long over due but such is life :P

Here´s a small update anyways :D

I masked the rear bulkhead in the pit....

IMG_0899_zps416a2e53.jpg

...and shot some really light grey on top.

IMG_0900_zpsff6f7dba.jpg

Same with the side consols...

IMG_0901_zps9496c67d.jpg

A wee bit of wash..

IMG_0902_zps9b5a94e9.jpg

And someone got curious..... :P

IMG_0903_zps5bc50763.jpg

Daddy´s keeping an eye on things so the curiosity won´t get out of hand

IMG_0904_zps95b4b3c8.jpg

A quick drybrush and then I glued the consols in place...

IMG_0911_zpsadf6f20c.jpg

And the pit too...

IMG_0912_zps19778060.jpg

The nose is coming together :D

IMG_0913_zps67c7b712.jpg

Well that´s all folks ...hope it won´t be as long to the next update.

Cheers!

Oki, I know this update´s been long over due but such is life tongue.gif

Daddy´s keeping an eye on things so the curiosity won´t get out of hand

IMG_0904_zps95b4b3c8.jpg

Well that´s all folks ...hope it won´t be as long to the next update.

Cheers!

Wow; You grew facial hair since you took that pic for your avatar w00t.gif !

Awesome update; thanks for sharing 70.gif .

Wow; You grew facial hair since you took that pic for your avatar w00t.gif !

Awesome update; thanks for sharing 70.gif .

LoL... well my feldmanish looks was very transient :P

Actually I've enjoyed my snot collector and soup sponge since i was 23 :P

Great going Janne, you know we're all following your lead and will pattern our build after yours and yes that office is in need of some detailing up. probably Aires, Wolfpack, or Avionix will provide us with a cockpit at close to the cost of the kit, or some PE will show up. What's the hold up you haven't started masking for painting yet..Aye lad you're slowing down on the job :whistle: J/K..I keed I keed. Nice work keep it up.

Part 2

The makeover!

I started with stripping the pit...the two boxes are wrong...too big and and in the wrong places....so I sawed them off!

Gee that CMK pit is rubbish. Surely, with the extra stuff you've it would be better off sticking with the kit pit

Great going Janne, you know we're all following your lead and will pattern our build after yours and yes that office is in need of some detailing up. probably Aires, Wolfpack, or Avionix will provide us with a cockpit at close to the cost of the kit, or some PE will show up. What's the hold up you haven't started masking for painting yet..Aye lad you're slowing down on the job :whistle:/> J/K..I keed I keed. Nice work keep it up.

Hehehe... Thank :D

yeah I know I'm slacking off a bit... life sorta threw a curve ball at me :P but I'm getting there. ..

Gee that CMK pit is rubbish. Surely, with the extra stuff you've it would be better off sticking with the kit pit

indeed. ..stay away from that cmk crud. The Aires pit however is a gem! or scratch the in box pit.

Hey Jane - Great to see you back!

It's a shame about the CMK pit - usually, their stuff is pretty darned good - I have their P3 interior/weapons bay kit and it's really nice! It should be for the price though.

I saw this Gripen it at my LHS the other day and I immediately thought of you. I was torn between this and the Moebius TOS Galactica - the Galactica won out - but only marginally. I still might just pick this up though - it's a cool looking aircraft. I might just wait until you've done yours before I make that decision ;)

Looking forward to seeing more of this build :cheers:

MH

Whaddyaknow...here I am again, doing battle with the Kittyhawk kit :D/>

Yeah feels like I´m being fought by this kit..and the CMK stuff ain´t on my side either so it´s an unfair fight at that :/

Here´s the CMK nose wheel well....all detail painted and perdy...

IMG_0914_zps442e2fe5.jpg

LOL, that how it´s supposed to go in?? lol guess I´ll have to sand the edges off later :P/>

IMG_0915_zpsee46e3e3.jpg

Wee bit of weight in the nose cone....have a habit of forgetting that, that´s why I made a point of doing it.

IMG_0916_zps83d2e3b9.jpg

On with the cone....hmmm it ain´t a Tamyia that´s for sure...

IMG_0917_zps5934bed9.jpg

Hmmm...slight size difference between the kit part and the resing cowling...

32520462-a4b8-4238-9e8e-dd5aa30abbc0_zps9689bd46.jpg

Had to do some serious tweaking to make the IP fit....even involved The Dremel...

IMG_0921_zps1572405c.jpg

I glued on the intakes at this stage as well....had a slight memory of it paying off when Eric Gustafsson did it on his build.

IMG_0922_zpsf3cf75f7.jpg

Getting to the rear fuselage halfs, prepared them with inserting stuff like the IFR probe bay and the APU..and the insides of the airbrakes.

IMG_0923_zps4d241858.jpg

Man, that´s two halfes that never ever want to meet......

IMG_0924_zpsd51760e3.jpg

Well some tape and violence got me this far and it´s glued to the first piece of tape....now I´m taking a break :P/>

IMG_0925_zpsd204d7c0.jpg

I get a strange feeling from this kit...almost like the CMK stuff was made for another kit and not this :P/> Yup they´re originally made for the Italeri kit but "adapted" to fit the KH...Oh well What´s a man to do?

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore

Hey, I´m in a frenzy...3 updates in 3 days!

I´ve continued wrestling with the fuselage.... demn it Eric you made it look so simple!

ANyways I´ve finally glued the rear fuselage together.....andadded the fron fuselage as well.

IMG_0926_zps0e43ce16.jpg

Some gaps?...yes.One of the more amusing features was that one of the rear fuselage halfs were longer than the other :P

Oh well, I´m a modeller after all, some craft must be involved :D

IMG_0928_zpsa6d7bd6c.jpg

added the pitot as well....I´m not afraid of it breaking since I´ve got a turned brass replacement planned anyways.

IMG_0930_zps8085c947.jpg

This is less fun tho...no trunking just holes straight into the fuselage, nice for a $100 kit :P

IMG_0931_zpsb18c2981.jpg

So Set out to make a simple fix....

I made a paper template 2 by 7cm and made 2 profiles out of plasticard....

IMG_0934_zps87c493c7.jpg

I rolled the profiles around a pen to get a slight curve...

IMG_0935_zpsf76f25f7.jpg

And glued them in with Cyano... I placed the straight edge to the upper, straight part of the intake and pressed in the plasticard to conform to the curve at the bottom of the intake...

IMG_0936_zps97a5ee0a.jpg

LIkewise on the other side....

IMG_0937_zpsea9df2e1.jpg

Then I folded the ends over eachothers and super glued them into place...it´s sort of a half cone if you get my meaning.

IMG_0938_zpsfacd8fe8.jpg

There....no more looking into the fuselage :D

IMG_0939_zps9c85c5cc.jpg

Cheers!

Woo Hooo!!!...The man shows his immense knowledge, and modeling skills...that is one superb job of scratching the trunking Janne :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . I've never bought any CMK stuff IIRC :hmmm:, and if that office is a representation of the quality of their product, I never will. Aires, Avionix and the rest are a bit pricey, and may need so extra work fitting, but the detail is what you expect for the most part. I'm really liking the progress so far. The box art loadout looks jazzy too, you gonna go with that or jazz it up more? inquiring minds are interested :whistle: .

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Woo Hooo!!!...The man shows his immense knowledge, and modeling skills...that is one superb job of scratching the trunking Janne :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/> . I've never bought any CMK stuff IIRC :hmmm:/>/>, and if that office is a representation of the quality of their product, I never will. Aires, Avionix and the rest are a bit pricey, and may need so extra work fitting, but the detail is what you expect for the most part. I'm really liking the progress so far. The box art loadout looks jazzy too, you gonna go with that or jazz it up more? inquiring minds are interested :whistle:/>/> .

Thanx for the support Clif :D/>

Yeah that load out on the boxart is indeed pure fiction.... a standard anti ship mission would would br loaded with two rb15 and two mavericks....but since you only get one in the box you can´t do that :P/> Besides nowdays we don´t have any mavericks at all..

I´m going for a Libya mission Gripen with two gasbags, Litening and a recon pod (SPK 39)and IRIS-Ts at the wing tips.

Libyan%20Mission.jpg

Just some fiddling today...

I detail painted the main wheel wells...looks nice, misses a few pipes and tubes but I´m not getting into it :P

IMG_0940_zps423846d9.jpg

Fitted in the little belly plate...took some doing to amke it fit decently...still doesn´t look 100%

IMG_0941_zps62434057.jpg

Fitting in those wheel bays and make them align to eachother took some doing....I even mangaed to glue my right thumb and indexfinger together with cyano :P

IMG_0942_zps3c4b6e25.jpg

Letting myself cool down after the endevour...

Cheers!