CD48159 - 1/48 Air National Guard F-84F

Thirty one ANG units in 17 states operated the Thunderstreak/Thunderflash.......

Alabama

106th TRS RF-84F

160th TRS RF-84F

Arkansas

154th TRS RF-84F

Georgia

128th FIS F-84F

158th FIS F-84F

Illinois

108th FIS F-84F

169th FIS F-84F

170th FIS F-84F

Indiana

113th FIS F-84F

163rd FIS F-84F

Iowa

174th TRS RF-84F

Massachusetts

101st FIS F-84F

Michigan

107th TRS RF-84F

171st TRS RF-84F

Mississippi

153rd TRS RF-84F

Missouri

110th FIS F-84F

180th TRS RF-84F

Nebraska

173rd TRS RF-84F

New Jersey

119th FIS F-84F

141st FIS F-84F

Ohio

112th FIS F-84F

162nd FIS F-84F

164th FIS F-84F

166th FIS F-84F

Pennsylvania

103rd FIS F-84F

117th FIS F-84F

146th FIS F-84F

147th FIS F-84F

Tennessee

105th TRS RF-84F

Texas

182nd FIS F-84F

Virginia

149th FIS F-84F

Edited by Johnopfor

Alabama had some nice looking RF-84s and the was on F-84F in Ala ANG markings..

AlabamaRF-84F.jpg

One from our units archives,don't know if it was a visitor or a transfer during the Berlin Crisis when we used RF's for the fighter mission.

Quite a few colorful subjects to pick from regarding ANG units,and active duty as well.

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

In the mid-60's, my father had to commute from Terre Haute to D.C. for a stint and I remember the F-84F being based there. No clue which unit (I was 9 or 10, not something I would have noticed) but it should be easy enough to find out. Which means, of course, that there is yet ANOTHER Caracal sheet I will have to buy.

Seriously. Auto-purchase plan. I'll give you my credit card number.

Edited by Slartibartfast

In the mid-60's, my father had to commute from Terre Haute to D.C. for a stint and I remember the F-84F being based there. No clue which unit (I was 9 or 10, not something I would have noticed) but it should be easy enough to find out. Which means, of course, that there is yet ANOTHER Caracal sheet I will have to buy.

Seriously. Auto-purchase plan. I'll give you my credit card number.

The unit was the 181st TFG/113th TFS,if you seen a C-47 or C-54 on the flightline as well,that would have been the aircraft my father crewed,he was crew chief/flight engineer on them during that timeframe.My dad spent 34 years on that flightline out of his 38 year military career.I spent 18 on it.

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Thanks for the unit info.

Sorry, I don't remember any prop jobs. I do remember the pinball game in the waiting lounge, though. First one I ever saw and I needed a chair to play it when I could cadge a couple of nickels from my mother.

We lived in Clinton for awhile, my dad was involved in the starting of the Little Italy Festival. We also lived a little south of town on Hwy 41 in a little subdivision in the corn fields. I went to school in Rosedale.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thanks for the unit info.

Sorry, I don't remember any prop jobs. I do remember the pinball game in the waiting lounge, though. First one I ever saw and I needed a chair to play it when I could cadge a couple of nickels from my mother.

We lived in Clinton for awhile, my dad was involved in the starting of the Little Italy Festival. We also lived a little south of town on Hwy 41 in a little subdivision in the corn fields. I went to school in Rosedale.

I live east of Sandcut,close to Fontanet.My wife's two brothers live in Rosedale,know the town well,I also dated a girl from there in high school.The Little Italy Festival is still going strong,it and the Covered Bridge Festival are two of the big ones everyone around here goes to when they happen.They tore down the middle school/high school and built an elementary school on the grounds,besides the new Dollar General,not much has changed in Rosedale for 40 or so years.

• 3 years later...

Hi Corey,

We will definitely plan an ANG F-84F sheet here and I will design it before summer - I just need to wrap up the Neptune and B-52H artwork that have been sucking up all of my design time for the last couple of weeks. Really close to finishing both now.

• 9 months later...

I will add this to the release list soon after I deliver a few more of the planned sheets that I have been promising for a while. Most of the general framework I drew for the RF-84F sheet should be applicable to this, so it would be relatively straightforward. Give me a few months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 10:17 AM, KursadA said:

I will add this to the release list soon after I deliver a few more of the planned sheets that I have been promising for a while. Most of the general framework I drew for the RF-84F sheet should be applicable to this, so it would be relatively straightforward. Give me a few months.

Thanks for the update Kursad, exciting news!  =)

corey

• 1 year later...

Figured I’d bump this thread.  Looks like Kinetic is rereleasing their F-84F kit, and then there is the Hobbyboss kit and the ubiquitous Monogram kit.  I’m still hoping for Richard Bach’s NJANG airplane! 😉

corey

I'd love to see a camo F-84F on the sheet for my old Monogram kit.

I usually like NMF, but for some reason SEA camo strikes a chord with me on these birds (as well as the F-86H - wish we had a nice 1/48 kit for that).  It was cool to see them soldier on in warpaint with the ANG.