CD48159 - 1/48 Air National Guard F-84F

7 minutes ago, dmk0210 said:

I'd love to see a camo F-84F on the sheet for my old Monogram kit.

I usually like NMF, but for some reason SEA camo strikes a chord with me on these birds (as well as the F-86H - wish we had a nice 1/48 kit for that).  It was cool to see them soldier on in warpaint with the ANG.

I'd agree,  there's something about the SEA camo on them, just makes them look more brutish, and I'm not really a fan of SEA camo, but always liked it on F-84s.

One of my favorites box arts

84fbt.jpg

It increasingly looks like I am not going to have true peace until I release this sheet - LOL. I will sit down and start putting it together this weekend. Camo options, a couple colorful options etc. Probably needs to be Microscale printed though - I have a lot of high-profile releases coming in these few months and printing budget will be tight.

Can one of you remind me what Bach's F-84F looked like, though?

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

It increasingly looks like I am not going to have true peace until I release this sheet - LOL. I will sit down and start putting it together this weekend. Camo options, a couple colorful options etc. Probably needs to be Microscale printed though - I have a lot of high-profile releases coming in these few months and printing budget will be tight.

Thanks KursadA!

Edited by dmk0210
3 hours ago, Corey said:

I can send you some photos of Bach’s jet Kursad.  I think I sent them to you in an email back in 2014, but I’ll track them down again and resend them to you.

Corey

I found them, Corey - please do not spend any time tracking these down. You really have been asking for this sheet for five years - I think I owe it to all you guys and will get cracking on this soon 🙂

6 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

I'd agree,  there's something about the SEA camo on them, just makes them look more brutish, and I'm not really a fan of SEA camo, but always liked it on F-84s.

One of my favorites box arts

84fbt.jpg

I did one a couple years ago.  I pieced together the markings from one of Kursad’s F-100 sheets and from the decal dungeon!

http://image_zps6b5notx0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I'll be honest, I've always thought the F-84 was ugly as sin and have never been a fan. In saying that however, this looks pretty interesting and I'd like to see the finished product!

I agree with you on the looks...I put the looks on the same level as the X-32...that said, I do have the kit..both of them.

Edited by fasteagle12
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

Here's one you don't see everyday and would a nice addition. ADC grey F-84F

F84F051.jpg

I wonder if that airplane has been out at the gunnery range?  Does that look like powder stains aft of the gun ports to you?

corey

10 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

Here's another! Fingers crossed you'll add this one. There's never been an aftermarket ADC grey scheme done in 1/48!

149%20FS%20history%20-%20Jan%20van%20Waa

I know it says the photo was taken at Dover DE, but is that "VIRGINIA"  on the tail?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Kursad -

Now that Revell has re-popped the Monogram kit, I gotta ask - are these decals close to being put on your release schedule?  The only markings included in the kit are the Thunderbirds option so I'd sure be in for this sheet.  I picked up this kit at Hobby Lobby yesterday at 40% off as I'm sure a lot of folks here on ARC are doing!

Thanks in advance,

-Derek

IMG_1937.jpg

Still need a couple more colorful options for this sheet - researching this period is not easy. I will shift my attention to this as soon as I am done with the B-1, P-3 and B-52 sheets that are taking most of my time these days.