1/48 ITALERI S-3B VIKING

One of my colleagues at work used to fly S-3s. Yesterday, our meetings ended early and we visited the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola. One of their displays is a S-3 cockpit and he walked me through the start up procedures. Pretty fun.

Your model looks fantastic. I really like that you went back and over sprayed some of the decals to blend them into the weathering.

Rodney

Hammer,

I followed your build from your 1st post. The completed model is just simply amazing. Outstanding paint scheme, & perfect decaling. Your weathering, starting with the secondary layers of paint for a faded and weathered look,is realistic to say the least.

Joel

Awesome job once again Hammer. By looking at your pics it appears as though you may not have put a wash in the panel lines......is that true? Quite often when panel line washes are too dark the models exhibit an unrealistic "graph" effect which isn't present on your model. Most people add panel line washes which I feel does add some character but it can be easily overdone. Anyway, outstanding job.

Awesome job once again Hammer. By looking at your pics it appears as though you may not have put a wash in the panel lines......is that true? Quite often when panel line washes are too dark the models exhibit an unrealistic "graph" effect which isn't present on your model. Most people add panel line washes which I feel does add some character but it can be easily overdone. Anyway, outstanding job.

Thank you. As you said, I didn't wash the panel lines, because the Italeri's panel lines are wide and deep enough to see. I think washing panel lines is not a necessarily procedure, wash or not depends on situations.