Oooh, I don't know. I sized them for the Hasegawa kit. You'll have to let me know what, if any, differences exist or if you encounter any fit problems. The only one I'd be worried about is the California jet.

Jake

Oooh, I don't know. I sized them for the Hasegawa kit. You'll have to let me know what, if any, differences exist or if you encounter any fit problems. The only one I'd be worried about is the California jet.

Jake

Oh man, that's the one I wanted to build. :(/> Guess I'll have to risk it.

The differences in size *should* be minimal, and it may even be that the Academy kit is smaller than the Hasegawa, requiring you to trim away some of the decal. Otherwise, you may be able to simply paint the edges if the decal is too small.

I don't own an Academy F-15, so I have no idea.

jake

The differences in size *should* be minimal, and it may even be that the Academy kit is smaller than the Hasegawa, requiring you to trim away some of the decal. Otherwise, you may be able to simply paint the edges if the decal is too small.

I don't own an Academy F-15, so I have no idea.

jake

I have both. I'll try and compare the sizes tomorrow or Thursday to see.

A quick compare today showed that they are the same width, but the academy tail is about 2 mm shorter than the hasegawa tail at the base.

Most tail markings would not really notice, but I think the Fresno tail would be too bunched up on itself.

I'll try to post some pics later.

Ken Middleton is using the Fresno markings on the Revell/Monogram kit. It looks like the tail marking is nearly a perfect fit. It just needed a slight bit of trimming.

Jake

Ken Middleton is using the Fresno markings on the Revell/Monogram kit. It looks like the tail marking is nearly a perfect fit. It just needed a slight bit of trimming.

Jake

That's how they looked to fit the hasegawa. I nabbed a set of revell F-15E tails and with a little trimming of the alignment tabs, they fit the academy kit near perfectly. I'm still planning to use the hasegawa kit for the Fresno bird, but I want to do a build comparison between the two kits to see which is the better in the end.

By the time I'm done, you should have 2 or 3 more ANG Eagle sheets out :rolleyes:

Jake

Yes, just a slight bit which is perfectly fine with me, gives some wiggle room for adjusting. Went on very well, separated from the backing in mere seconds using warm water. Excellent decals Jake.

IMG_2086_r.jpg

IMG_2088_r.jpg

good grief, man! How do you build so fast?? And so well!

LOL, thanks Mike, I started on it back in November. I had plans to originally use F-16 decals and home made ones one I saw the billboard jet markings. So it has been in the works for a while, and luckily Jake released the decals saving me lots of work ;-)

Thanks for the pictures, Ken. So it looks like those who wish to build a fresno jet can do it on the Revell kit, the Academy with a bit of work, and, of course, the Hasegawa. Great news that the dimensions of each kit are so similar.

Having used the sheet now, Ken, what would you like to see done differently on future sheets? Where can I improve? Are the instructions easy to read, confusing, complete, etc?

Jake

Thanks for the pictures, Ken. So it looks like those who wish to build a fresno jet can do it on the Revell kit, the Academy with a bit of work, and, of course, the Hasegawa. Great news that the dimensions of each kit are so similar.

thanks Jake

Having used the sheet now, Ken, what would you like to see done differently on future sheets? Where can I improve? Are the instructions easy to read, confusing, complete, etc?

Jake

Actually, so far, nothing to recommend improving. Decals look good and instructions were fine. Granted I have not really looked at the stencil placement guide yet in detail, but once I do I will give any suggestions. A nice feature are the seat decals

• 1 month later...
How's the response been to the first 2 32ND Phantom sheets?

Chuck

Very, very encouraging, but I need to get some of this backlog of other subjects out the door.