1/48 F-16 Belgian & Hellenic AF

Hi chaps,

I recently finished building this as a gift for my 4 y.o. nephew. One night in the mancave, I was cleaning out the stash and found a box of F-16 bits and pieces. The majority was a Block 50 Hasegawa that I had given up on and then I found a Kintetic Euro style para pack tail and other assorted bits from a Tamiya kit. Shame to throw all that plastic out, so I decided to build it for my nephew. His dad is Belgian and his mum (my sister) is Greek. The kid is a plane nut at the age of 4 so I decided to give him a model that showed both sides of his heritage.

All bits and pieces are kit bashed OBB except for the decals which are Zotz HAF "Jason" 40,000 Hrs. specials and Zotz Belgian AF "I'll be back" 23 Sqn. specials (great decals BTW). I used weapons from Hasegawa and Academy. I painted the HARM's with bright red "F@&K 00f" radomes just so they look a bit meaner for the kid. All in all had a blast building it (only took 7 days!) and my nephew LOVED it! Sure I didn't go overboard on the finish. It is, as you'd expect, waaaaay inaccurate and try as I might, I couldn't find all the various scoops and sensors, so some are missing, but hey, I'm sure a 4 year old won't mind <_< Excuse the photos, they too were hastily taken on my phone.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_0464_zpse75c3373.jpg

DSC_0465_zpsab95c14f.jpg

DSC_0469_zpsf2e9d852.jpg

DSC_0468_zps04cab464.jpg

DSC_0467_zps62336aed.jpg

DSC_0466_zps450f18dc.jpg

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Two paintjobs on one plane! Very cool! :thumbsup:

I like the way you've combined the two paint schemes/markings.

I think Hasegawa back in the 90s had done a similar job with an Italian F-104.

I think the actual Italian Starfighter was painted that way, special livery on side, normal camo job on the other. Wasn't it the famous one with the large black cat running down the whole side of the plane, going after the green mice?