New "Camouflaged F-86F Sabres" from HI-DECAL released

Demn....where to find a slatted winged sabre in 1/48th scale? all I see out there are unslatted F-86F-30 kits...no e's nor f-40's :(/>

Hasegawa makes the only -40, sometimes found in the Revell box as a Luftwaffe Canadair Sabre 6. There are no true 1/48 F86Es or slatted wing Sabre kits of any sort. Even Hasegawa's -40 has the slats molded closed. OOP conversions for slatted wings included Cutting Edge and Scobie-Do, or grafting a leading edge section from a Revell/Monogram F86D may be the only way for you. HTH

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Demn....where to find a slatted winged sabre in 1/48th scale? all I see out there are unslatted F-86F-30 kits...no e's nor f-40's :(/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Hi Janne,

In 1/48 scale, the simplest option is to get any Hasegawa F-86F-40 JASDF boxing (a Blue Impulse' F-86F-40 will be released in July), or, alternatively, the Revell (Hasegawa) Sabre Mk.6/F-40 kit.

As Jennings said, the Revell F-86D kit would be an unexpensive donor in case you would like to represent the slats in the open position.

In 1/72 scale, the best option would be the Fujimi F-86F-40 JASDF boxing, or the Hobbyboss F-86F-40 "Luftwaffe" easy assembly kit.

The 1/72 Hobbycraft Sabre Mk.6 or the Academy packaged F-86E "El Diablo" is the only kit to offer the wings with open slats that could be adapted to the F-40 standard.

For all the versions included in the forthcoming sheet, you will need the bigger "Japanese" fuel tanks, so the JASDF boxings will be the optimal solution.

Being fighter bombers, these Sabres had 2 additional hardpoints under the wings. Their favourite weapons included 750 lb Napalm canisters, LAU-32A pods with 7 unguided rockets each, as well as 500 lb M43, 750 lb M117 or 1000 lb M64A1 bombs.

During 1963 the Iranian Sabre fleet was also equipped with AIM-9B Sidewinders.

For the long flight to Africa and back home , the IIAF Sabres were equipped with 4 underwing fuel tanks.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Hi Janne,

The 1/72 Hobbycraft Sabre Mk.6 (or Academy F-86E "El Diablo") is the only kit to offer the F-40 wings with open slats.

Greetings

Diego

The Sabre 6 wing IS not the same as a F86F-40 wing. The -40 wing has an extra 12" on each wingtip added to the unique to the Sabre 6 wing.

The old-tool Hasegawa kit in 1/72 has a -40 wing if you can find one(they're out there still). But the slats are again molded closed.

Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a

The Sabre 6 wing IS not the same as a F86F-40 wing. The -40 wing has an extra 12" on each wingtip added to the unique to the Sabre 6 wing.

The old-tool Hasegawa kit in 1/72 has a -40 wing if you can find one(they're out there still). But the slats are again molded closed.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Indeed, you will need to rework the Sabre 6 wing by adding the extra 12" - but IMHO this is simpler than building the open slats from scratch. :rolleyes:

This is the same story with the Revell/Has "Sabre 6" boxing - they tell you to cut off the F-40 wing and add the shorter wingtips...

And thank you for remembering the Hasegawa 1/72 kit :thumbsup:

Fortunately Fujimi released their JASDF Sabres recently...

Greetings

Diego

Diego,

Just a suggestion, you may want to add some better pics to your website. Just a small thumbnail of the decal sheet itself doesn't really do much to describe your products. I'd be more inclined to purchase something if I could see a larger pic of the actual artwork for each aircraft.

Just my $0.02....

Good luck with the (hopefully) upcoming Sabre decals.

John

• 5 months later...

Any hope left of seeing this sheet or any other sheet announced by Hi-Decals?

Definitively yes!

Sorry for the delays, but, unfortunately,this year, a longer illness as well as professional commitements made things a bit complicated.

Also the amount of research needed to correctly recreate some of the more esoteric and older subjects takes in the majority of cases much more time than planned.

Anyway, here are few ongoing editorial plans, all in 1/48 & 1/72 scales :

HD48034 & HD72064: F-86F-25/30(F-40) Sabre: Iran, Ethiopia, Philippines

HD48033 & HD72063: F-4E Phantom II: Egypt & NJ ANG

HD48031 & HD72061: F-4E(AUP)/RF-4C Phantom II: Greece, TX AFRes, IN, NE ANG

HD48030 & HD72060: F-4C/D Phantom II: CA, DC, NY, OR ANG

HD48029 & HD72059: F-5E Tiger II: USAF, S.Vietnam, Vietnam, USSR, Indonesia, Ethiopia

HD48026 & HD72056: F-5A/RF-5A Freedom Fighter: Iran, S.Vietnam, Vietnam, Jordan, Greece, Ethiopia

HD48024 & HD72054: F-4 Phantom II walkways (USAF)

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Diego

Good to hear from you,but can we please see the artwork of at least the Sabre sheet?

Of course, I will post it a.s.a.p.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been expecting this and will most likely get four sheets in order to build the Iranian line-up at Kamina in 1963:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran---Air/North-American-F-86F/2239985/L/

I regret not trying to persuade you to add a couple of blue 'ONU' titles for the Philippines AF Sabres to the sheet. But, then again, when first announced it seemed to be just around the corner ready to print... :)