f-86 sabre pilots in korea

I am looking for information a f-86 Sabre pilot who fought in the Korean War. Flight LieutenantLawrence Larry Spurr (17807)

He Flew with 25th Fighter Interceptor Squadron,51 Fighter interceptor Group ,during the 1950.I would like to obtain a photo ogf his aircraft and the call letters with the serial number of the aircraft .I am doing a shadow box on him.Any information would be appreciated

Almont Baltzer

I am looking for information a f-86 Sabre pilot who fought in the Korean War. Flight LieutenantLawrence Larry Spurr (17807)

He Flew with 25th Fighter Interceptor Squadron,51 Fighter interceptor Group ,during the 1950.I would like to obtain a photo ogf his aircraft and the call letters with the serial number of the aircraft .I am doing a shadow box on him.Any information would be appreciated

Almont Baltzer

You'll get a better response to this if it wasn't buried I the 'Archived Topics' section. I have a little bit of info on him, but I am miles away from my library today.

http://lookoutnewspaper.com/2013-is-the-year-of-the-korean-war-veteran/

Cheers, Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a
  • 4 years later...

Do you know if he was assigned a specific aircraft? There were far more pilots than F-86s. Even if he did have an assigned 86 he wouldn't have flown it exclusively. A single F-86 could do as many as 4 fighter sweeps up north in a day with a different pilot each time. 

My dad flew his 100 missions with the 4th FIW, 336th FIS out of Kempo. While was assigned an F-86A, a MiG killer and one of the last to leave Korea in October of 1952, my dad flew many of the famous F-86Es such as El Deoblo, Ohio Mike and Honest John (Bud Maherin's 86). Maherin was flying an 86A when he got shot down by ground fire and became a POW for the rest of the war.