Earlier in the week my mechanic reports that my Volvo S40 is ready you can come get it anytime. His shop is in Montclair, Ca. So I figure maybe after picking up the car I can swing by Pegasus Hobbyshop not far from the shop. Emphasizing to myself just some supplies, paint and maybe a #1 tip for the Paasche. No MODELS!!!. Well I was there for almost 4 hours gawking at the new kits that I have only seen on the websites, cannot believe how heavy the new Kitty Hawk Mirage F1 was when I picked it up to check the box out. Haven't been to any HS in about 2 years if not more. So I was like in a candy store. Seeing the old MPC repop of the Monkees mobile made me smile, that is the first model I ever built (or shall I say attempted)when I was about 7 years old. So after the oohs and the aahs and some fondling of the plastic. Nice that this shop is user friendly and have some kits opened and will let you look inside. And whats cool the same people running the store, one saying hey your back, and I'm telling you it has been more than 2 years they remember that's cool. Whats nice the store was full of people all ages. It was good to see the kids in there, boys and girls. Anyway this store is well stocked in the supplies. So after getting some Alclad, paints and the airbrush tip. As I head up towards the cashier and did a double take, there is a whole box of Tenax!!!! in the adhesives/cement display case. Wait a minute you have Tenax? The clerk tells me they just got a shipment, I say but he stopped making it. Yes he did the clerk tells me, but as far as he knows he started up again and just got this shipment this week. Really now? So this is new stock not not left over? No this is new, we have been out for almost a year. So when I get home I check Squadron and Sprue Brothers and see if they have some. And no they do not. Hmm, so of course I bought 3 bottles. Thinking maybe I should've bought the box. Which there was only one that contained 12 bottles. But I don't know if it will evaporate eventually even in the sealed bottles. So does anyone know is Tenax back? This is news to me as I am on here pretty much everyday. I have new bottles here it is Tenax, same stuff. The clerk at Pegasus seemed well informed and he was pretty cool. So I have no reason to doubt his word. So to say it was a worthwhile trip. Unexpected surprise, and it was really nice to be in there for few hours. And I cannot believe I didnt buy any kits.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Edited by uscusn

I concur about Pegasus Hobbies -- great shop. It was maybe a year ago that I bumped into a Hasegawa 1/32 Bf109K-4 on their shelf at the old price. The chap behind the counter said it was not their policy to raise prices of old stock. Nice shop and nice staff. I stop in only a few times a year as it is quite a distance from my house. Always enjoy the experience.

Bill

My LHS in Wichita Kan had a small stock of Tenax about a month ago and I picked up a few bottles. The clerk said as far as he knew they were making it again, but it was hard to get a large quantity. Like you, I was surprised to see it on the shelf again. Hopefully it's back in production.

BW