F-4 Phantom II reference book

Yes Jakes book is superb - though it could have been titled "The Modern Phantom Guide for those variants typically needing (long) runways". I still bought it, just the editor in me saying. Hope Jake will still let me my his new F-15 book later this month/season/year.

Hi mate,

I found the MDF No 13 F-4 Part 2: US Navy and Marine Corps Varients by SAM LTD great. Plenty of side views, photo walk arounds, close ups and cockpit detail/photos and a complete history. There are modelling sections with built aircraft of most versions of the navy types. I think its about 125 pages.

The DataFiles books on the Phantoms are chock full of repeated pics, incorrect captions, and misleading placement. Then the gallery section: suffice to say except for the always-impressive Dave Augnst they went with the 4-H talent pool. Will never by anything from that Mfg. again.

The DataFiles books on the Phantoms are chock full of repeated pics, incorrect captions, and misleading placement.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

... there is hardly anything better than Jake Melampy´s for AF and Danny Coreman´s (DACO) for NAVY.

Fortunately, I have to agree.

Gene K