Announcement from Great Wall Hobby on their 1/48 F-15B/D kit

Dear friends:

Since 1911 I´m member, not active, of ARC Forum, due to my limitation to write in English, although I read the different posts frequently. The reason of this post is to inform about the e-mail I received from Betty, member of the wonderful and kind LuckyModel Equipment about the update parts for F-15 GWH L4815-

Yesterday I bough the kit and I´ll wait for the update parts for assembling.

Best Regards,

Rafael Laudo.

Dear Rafael Laudo,

You have submitted the request on the subject GWH L4815 F-15B/D

Request/Case File No. CS1403-000047819

Order No.

Request Date 3/19/2014

Status Open

Request Details

Dear LuckyModel Equipment (Michelle, Betty, Elsi ....)

I wish to buy, among other things, the GWH L4815 F-15B/D USAF/IAF 2 in 1, but I want to ask if you know something about this e-mail from Mr. Yu Lin (Shanghai Lionroar / Great Wall Hobby.) that appears on arcforums.com on February 23 2014

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=273138&st=0

If it is as Mr. Yu Lin says, I would receive later the update parts ? and I also want to know if you send them directly to those who had bought the kit or I need to ask you for them. In that case, how I could know when the update parts are available?

Thanks in advance for your attention,

Best regards,

Rafael Laudo.

Last Response Details (Last Update: 3/19/2014)

Dear Rafael Laudo,

Re : GW-L4815 Corrected parts /Replacement

We are aware of the situation from the forum and got notified by the supplier. According to our supplier, he will send us the corrected parts/replacement in due course when they are ready. Upon receipt, will send to you asap.

Betty

Regards

betty

Edited by rlaudo

Andrew, it is a mistake, I meant 2011,but there is only 32 years difference... I have 71 years old (1943- 2014) quite close. I´m exile cuban and my English is very poor. For writting in English I ask for help to my wife, son and google translate... Jajaja.

Best regards,

Rafael.

• 1 month later...

Dear friends:

Today I received this e-mail by Betty from Luckymodel, about the GreatWall F-15 Upgrade and Modify kit.

----------

Dear Rafael Laudo,

Great Wall Hobby F-15 Upgrade Kit (GW-L4815)

Good news! We just received the upgrade and modify kit of F-15. Just wonder if you are going to place any new order soon so that we could include the upgrade kit with your new order in order to save postage?

Betty

Regards

----------

Thought you could be interested in knowing it...

Hi,

Today I received this newsletters from Luckymodel.

Great Wall Hobby F-15B/D Upgrade Parts

F-15B/D Eagle Israeli Air Force & U.S. Air Force (2 in 1) (GW-L4815)

Please note we have just received the upgrade and modify set of F-15 from GreatWall. It includes the new upper fulselage which can perfectly show the characteristics of real plane; as well as some newest accurate details on the parts, which are never found in all the F-15 kits in the market before. We will include the upgrade parts in our existing stock for all new orders. For customers who bought the kit earliers, we will sent out the set to you as soon as possible. For any concern or question, please email to info@luckymodel.com.

Rafael.

B/Ds will surely be a nice addition to our collections but, I would prefer a decent E model instead.

Come on! "E"s are not used as adversaries! Better they go for J and/or DJ Eagles....THERE are some great adversary schemes to find! :woot.gif:

(Oh I remember, my "Mt. Fuji" decal sheet is also waiting for a decent J Eagle, hehe) :boohoo:

So you better look for a Twobobs sheet in 1/48 when you want to take the futuretime Eagle from GWH! ;-)

:cheers:/> :whistle:/> :deadhorse1:/>

The sheet I have is 48, no worries! Image is just for showing what I have. :wave:

I originally purchased my GWH F-15 from lucky model in late December. I needed, okay wanted, a new kit so i put in an order late last week for a kit and some decals. I also sent them an email asking toinclude the new GWH parts when the order shipped. Zip, bang, boom - box shows up at the house yesterday with all the new goodies packed in lots of bubble wrap.

Great service Lucky Model!!!!

Also very impressed with the new parts. 90 percent of the people who build the kit won't notice the difference, but you can clearly see the changes. Quite a few changes overall. Whole new forward fuselage with new canopy and internal support detail, wheels, top fuselage, and air brake. More pics when I have time.

-Cliff

I can't see the pics, but does that mean the intake trunking is still the same, weird shape and the sabre drains are still missing?

Jens

Need to leave something for the aftermarket people to fix. :o/>

Cheers,

John

No kit is perfect but I really liked the kit even with the original flaws. The section that attaches to the back of the canopy and the new nose shape are the biggest improvements to my eye. Not the best photos but here are a few of the major areas of correction

Engine humps look good, though the aft speedbrake fairing is still wrong for a B model and the speedbrake well is still recessed ( all 15 kits have this problem) .

Turtle back looks to be more pronounced, excellent.

Radome needs to be perfectly round where it mounts on the forward fuselage maybe just the pictures on my I phone don't do them justice?

So far still a D model only but enjoy just the same....

Cheers

I can't see the pics, but does that mean the intake trunking is still the same, weird shape and the sabre drains are still missing?

Jens

Saber drains were removed after the first storm to the mid 90's.

Just can't do an early D model and definitely not any B model..

Cheers