New EagleCals Decals For 1/32 Scale Bf 109 G-10 Erla

Hi guys

For those interested in the Revell 1/32 scale Bf 109 G-10 Erla, Judy Crandall has posted some very nice color profiles of various subjects that will be among those offered.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1393363055/Two+new+EagleCals+for+the+Erla+Bf+109+G-10!!!

There are some very attractive aircraft included in these and this announcement should be welcome for those with this model.

Horrido!

Leo

For me, the ones on the announced Barracuda sheets are more interesting. Apologies if this sounds negative, don't know how to phrase it better. Not my scale anyway, so I'm not sweating it :).

HTH

Hi ch9862

The two BarracudaCals sheets do have more variety in the sense that there are aircraft from more units represented (JG 51, JG 300, JG 27, JG 301, JG 52, JG 4 and KG(J) 27) whereas the majority of those on the EagleCals sheets are from JG 300 and JG 301. I wonder what the other two subjects will be of. For those interested, here is a preview of the BarracudaCals sheets: http://www.hyperscale.com/2013/reviews/decals/barracudacalsbc32144previewbg_1.htm

Horrido!

Leo

I've got other references on "Green 7" that show the aircraft to have red/white/red bands and a solid RLM82 (dk green) fuselage, not the mix of 81/82 and blue / white / blue bands shown on the EagleCals profile.

I agree that the Barracudacals seem to offer a bit more variation. Speaking of which, they also are doing "Yellow 5" and as above, show the fuselage to be solid dark green, not the mix of brown and green as shown by EagleCals.

Regardless, it's nice to see more decals coming out for this kit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got other references on "Green 7" that show the aircraft to have red/white/red bands and a solid RLM82 (dk green) fuselage, not the mix of 81/82 and blue / white / blue bands shown on the EagleCals profile.

I agree that the Barracudacals seem to offer a bit more variation. Speaking of which, they also are doing "Yellow 5" and as above, show the fuselage to be solid dark green, not the mix of brown and green as shown by EagleCals.

Regardless, it's nice to see more decals coming out for this kit.

I've seen that too and I'm tempted to do it that way but still don't think I've seen any proof that JG 6 used RVD bands. Would make a good looking model though!

Hi guys

In the Bodenplatte book by Manhro and Pütz are included photographs of the wrecks of Fw 190 A-9 "Black <-" (W.Nr. 980 543) flown by Oberstleutnant Johann Kogler, Geschwaderkommodore of JG 6, and Bf 109 G-14/AS "Yellow 19" (W.Nr. 784 986) flown by Oberfeldwebel Paul Schwerdtfeger of 11./JG 6 which show these to have the red-white-red tail bands. Interestingly, it also now appears that III./JG 6 also used white-red tail bands such as those on Bf 109 G-14/AS "Green 1" (W.Nr. 784 938) of 12./JG 6.

Horrido!

Leo