Let's See What You're Building

This is the thread to post what your build intentions are. I'll start things off by showing one of the builds I'm planning, though this may end up being two models to represent each of the real vehicles. These are the Mars 1 and Moon 1 Humvee Rovers that are being operated by the Mars Institute in conjunction with NASA. They are stationed at the Haughton Impact crater doing research and testing for future mars missions. I'll have more information about these really cool vehicles in my build thread. I'm starting with a Revell Hummer kit that I'l already started cutting up with intentions of making a brush fire unit. But when I saw these I knew I wanted to build them.

The kit I'm starting with.

DSC_0804_zps88bcf09a.jpg

The vehicles I'm modeling

071603mars-1lg_zpsc135ce42.jpg

HMP-2011-MDA-LuisampSean-DSC04274_2_zps83ffdf9d.jpg

And this is as far as I got on the fire truck build so I'm definitely under the 25% start limit.

DSC_0805_zps11d2b7ca.jpg

DSC_0806_zps1e6129cf.jpg

I'll start cutting plastic for the back box this weekend and hope to have a build thread started soon.

So let's see what you have in mind for this group build.

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by niart17

I thought I would go for something a bit out of the ordinary, a NASA DC-3. Well, actually it is a C-47A which was converted to the Navy designation R4D-5 while in NAVY service before NASA acquired the aircraft. I plan on doing the markings it wore during the X-15 support program in the mid 1960s. Here is how the NASA R4D-5 looked a year or so before the version I plan on doing. There are a few more markings added after this photo was taken such as a tail number bit it will look essentially like the version the photo. See ya in the build!

Mike

07C-47.jpg

Well I guess I will join in on my first group build. I'm going to be doing the 1/32 Monogram CSM with the New Ware exterior set. I am also waiting on the Real Space Models SIM bay. I will give it a couple of weeks for the SIM bay to come in, and then I'll start my build.

Well I guess to start I will be in with the Revell + Cutting Edge X-1E

I am leaning towards the NASA markings with the black wing panels from near the end of the X-1E program but I feel Joe Walker's aircraft would qualify under the 2 degrees designation despite its NACA livery as Walker would soon after become an Astronaut through the NASA X-15 program. Ruling?

Also this is a started project. Interior is not done but largely scratched together and major conversion cuts are made and the wing root peices added. Does this make it under the 25% ruling to qualify?

Zach

Ahh a NASA group build, just what the doctor ordered.

Picked this up at the post office past week:

2014-03-02%2013.22.02.jpg

Will be a out-of-box build.

Just hope to finish it within deadline, got too many projects running at the same time.

Looking forward to your builds,

Cheers, andy

I haven't decided yet ... I've got 7 subjects I'd like to build ...but for this GB, I'm leaning towards STS-125 which is the last Hubble Service Mission. I'll use my scratchbuilt HST and Gil's cockpit replacement for the 1/72 Monogram shuttle. And I'm just trying to get some reference images of the Payload Bay ...

... but I may just start off with something else ... :rolleyes:

Pete

I haven't decided yet ... I've got 7 subjects I'd like to build ...but for this GB, I'm leaning towards STS-125 which is the last Hubble Service Mission. I'll use my scratchbuilt HST and Gil's cockpit replacement for the 1/72 Monogram shuttle. And I'm just trying to get some reference images of the Payload Bay ...

... but I may just start off with something else ... :rolleyes:/>

Pete

(cough-cutawayET-cough) :whistle:

Pete,

I found a bunch of STS-125 pics on the net last year. I had it in my head to do a similar project with my Skillcraft hubble. Would love to see your build.

I might have soome printed hard copies that I could copy and send to you.

Zach

I might have soome printed hard copies that I could copy and send to you.

Zach

Gee, thanx alot Zach!

But I've got about 6 images of the Payload Bay which may suffice, plus the AXM paper model site may help too.

And it's still quite a ways down the road.

... by the way ... how do you attach the gor-r-geous banner to the posts? ... just copy and paste, to every post?

Pete

... by the way ... how do you attach the gor-r-geous banner to the posts? ... just copy and paste, to every post?

Pete

You copy the image and paste it in your signature in your profile. That way it automatically shows up on all your post. So easy a caveman can do it.

Bill

First up for this GB is the S-3 Viking in NASA scheme.

GREAT subject. I considered this build as well. I have the kit. But something keeps telling me not to do it for some reason. I look forward to seeing it come together.

:thumbsup:/>

Bill

First up for this GB is the S-3 Viking in NASA scheme. I will be using the 1/48 AMT kit and the Draw decals. Don M.

NASAS-31.jpg

NasaVikingdecals.jpg

Good luck on this build. I want to point out one thing about the aircraft that Draw Decals omitted, the red triangular warnings are located on both the inside and outside of the nacelle. In this first picture, it gives you a view of the outside of the nacelle.

DSC_0006_zps128bc334.jpg

And this one shows the inside of the nacelle

DSC_0007_zpsb99add8b.jpg

I hope these photos help you with your build. I look forward to seeing your progress on this one.

dreamchaser_header_zpsd6adbdf7.jpg

I am going to throw my hat into the ring and build a Dreamchaser space plane using the 1:72 HL-20 from Blap Models.

20140313_142535_zps805c1897.jpg

With Bill's approval, of course :)/>

I will create my own decals, including decals for the tile areas of the belly, nose, and stabilizer fin.