Two-seater Scooter Marines H&MS-31

I've decided to do a third Bad Boy build, and it'll be a two-seater Scooter with Quickboost seats and Afterburner decals. I haven't decided on the scheme yet, but I'm leaning towards the VC-8 153525 aircraft.

P1020762_zps74f22bfe.jpg

I'm going to start with my least favorite part of a build, the landing gear then it'll be on to the cockpit.

Mike

Edited by Ichitoe
  • 4 weeks later...

This build got put on hold for a bit due to my neighbor asking me to build a kit for his son who who was turning 5 years old. I built him a Tamiya F-15C.

Here is a pic of the build prior to building the F-15.

P1020980_zps38285d75.jpg

I'll get the fuselage assembled this weekend then start work on the wing assembly.

Mike

Bouncing between builds, here’s an update on the Scooter.

Major assemblies are complete. I need to clean up a couple of seams, add a few miscellaneous pieces, nav lights and canopy then it’s off to the paint shop.

P1030007_zpsf36b874a.jpg

I decided to save the Quickboosts seats for the next TA-4 build. Additionally, I’m not using the Afterburner decals for this build, but ones from MAW decals “Hard Corps Scooters Part 2”. I’ll be doing the H&MS-31 TA-4F Aggressor.

48_MAW018f_zps03a985de.jpg

With this build, the VMFT-401 Sniper build and the completed NFWS Scooter build, the Marines are getting all my appreciation for this group build!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

After being neglected as I focused on the "Snake", I turned my attention back to the Scooter today and got it into the paint shop. Here's the result:

P1030031_zps6e37f0ee.jpg

I'll let it dry over night, and tomorrow, I"ll rub it down with a cloth then put on a couple of coats of Future, getting it ready for decals.

Mike

Thank you everybody! I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Using silly putty has made camo painting manageable for me, and it will open up plenty more camo schemes for me to do. I previously tried blutack and wasn't very successful with it, no doubt operator malfunction!

Mike

Worked on getting decals on to this build over the weekend as well. I applied the Flory wash too, and I've put down a coat of satin finish.

P1030035_zps85998a0b.jpg

Landing gear up next for this build, too. This one is closing in on the finish line!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I put the finishing touches on the Scooter over the weekend. This is my last entry into the GB. I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the GB, and I look forward to the next one.

A couple more pics are in the finished build thread.

P1030053_zps54d2bb0c.jpg

Thanks for following along,

Mike

Edited by Ichitoe