Need Part for SH Barracuda 1/48 scale

Guys, I've been asked to repair a 1/48 scale Special Hobby Barracuda for the CFB Esquimalt Naval and Military Museum in Esquimalt, BC, Canada. It seems one of the maintenance crew took it upon himself to move a carrier deck display by himself and the aircraft fell off. I volunteered my services and I've pretty much repaired the model but I'm missing the starboard outer wheel well cover. The kit was SH48069. The box art was of a Barracuda sitting on a British flight deck. I don't have the instruction sheet. I did find a blurry image of it on-line and I believe the part number is either A18 or A19. If anyone has a spare wheel well cover I'd appreciate it. I'm not very good at scratch building so I'm hoping one of you can help me and the museum out.

Paul

Would it be possible to take the port cover, trace a pattern on plastic sheet, cut out the replacement, reverse it and use that (after suitable painting and weathering, of course). May be a last resort...