I'm just starting this kit, and I can only hope it is half as good as yours. That is a stunning build! The paint looks as real as anything I've seen. What build order did you use on the upper/lower fuselage sections and nose sections to join them all together? Did you join the fuselage sections then add the nose section or more closer follow the suggested order from the instructions?

I'm just starting this kit, and I can only hope it is half as good as yours. That is a stunning build! The paint looks as real as anything I've seen. What build order did you use on the upper/lower fuselage sections and nose sections to join them all together? Did you join the fuselage sections then add the nose section or more closer follow the suggested order from the instructions?

Hello,

I wish I could remember, I built 75% of it about 3 years ago. More than likely I went with the instructions. Thank you for your comments.

Rod

That's bogus! I don't see any model pic. Only a single real life line bird (presumably your reference pic?). C'mon! Where's the model pic?

Edited by Mike C

Beautiful build and fantastic pictures. You did an outstanding job on the Hornet.

Since you posted in the critique forum I hope you don't mind me pointing out one issue that sticks out to me. The modex numbers on the nose are reversed. The numbers should slant to the rear and not forward.

Again, very nice build.

Since you posted in the critique forum I hope you don't mind me pointing out one issue that sticks out to me. The modex numbers on the nose are reversed. The numbers should slant to the rear and not forward.

Again, very nice build.

Thats the reason I dont post on the "critique" forum...the Server would be overloaded :P

• 1 month later...

Completely agree with everything that has been said already. Stunning build. Apart from the numbers slanting the wrong way, which really hadn't occured to me, the outboard pylons for stations 2 and 10 are not slanted outwards.

All wing mounted pylons on the Super Hornet angle outwards from the centreline by 4 degrees. The outboard pylons also angle outwards by 4 degrees but they also angle outwards in the vertical axis by 3.5 degrees. You haven't mentioned what scale your model is by I know having built many of the 1:72 Hasegawa Supas, that the outward angle has been replicated but is not mentioned in the instructions and some test fitting is required to figure out which pylon goes on which side. This is a mere accuracy thing so don't listen to me!!! Your build quality is certainly top notch. Well done.