How to apply a decal on top of a decal?

You would apply the 'White' background first - Let it dry - Then apply the 'Red' decal on top of the white decal.

When finished, you should have the 'Red' number 8 with a 'White' outline.

Edited by Kaibutsu

When I have used layered decals, I have put the first part on a glossy varnished surface, once the decal is dry then spray another clear coat to seal it in.

Then I put the second part of the decal on and once dry spray a final satin coat.

It may be a slower way with unnecessary steps, but I am usually worried about water or decal solution getting under the first part and making it move.

Edited by Ryan Hothersall

Once the MicroSol had dried the first decal will not move: The only way for it to move would be for water to manage to get underneath and disolve the glue, which is near impossible if the decal properly addered to the surface, which the solvant normally makes sure of.

As others said.... unless the decal is weak (not enough glue) or hasn't sticked well, or you really rub it a lot... once it's set it's set... you won't remove it by just placing another one over it.

Anyway, if you are still worried of making a mess, you can just spray a light gloss coat over the first decal to seal it.

I've done them all at the same time, if the base decal is in position and will not move easily, then you can lay the top decal on and position, this way they will dry and conform to the surface at the same rate.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use setting solutions other than a 50% solution of Klear & water. I use the solution to float the deal into place & wait for this to dry before applying the next decal, ie like the seperate red centres in RAF roundels. Same deal, klear solution to float it into place & when dry overcoat it as usual; for the whole model. I've not had any hassles with this method at all.

Steve.