Malaysian airlines plane missing

This is all so surreal to be honest. Nothing is really fitting. So many scenerios and so few facts to back any of them. However they are all saying Suicide was not a causal factor, but what if that is what he wanted us to believe? There are alot of things their family would lose out on if it was proven to be Suicide, this puts alot of reasonable doubt to that theory... So if you thought it out enough, this may be the perfect suicide while still perseving all the benefits left for your family. But then again, almost anything is possible at this point.........

The simple reason that nothing fits is probably because the pieces of 'fact' so far are incorrect. At this point, it seems to me at least, the Malaysian authorities in charge here just can't seem to get any of their 'facts' straight or in the right order. I would not be surprised if any of the fundamental or early 'facts' that people are basing theories on get proven as inaccurate or retracted.

First, I'm not suggesting a conspiracy to fly, land and hide the 777. But, could it have flown to Diego Garcia in the dead of night? Easy island airport to land it and with infrastructure to hide it as well as if the passengers were not killed in flight off load and lock up

I'm not saying that this is what I think happened, but am wondering if it had the range to make it to Diego Garcia?

The rest is all speculation much like all others we heard and hear from since this strange event began.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

Here's a theory offered up by a friend of mine who's been involved in Govt think tanks and since retirement has a lot of time on his hands to satisfy his love of aircraft:

1) Highly trained terrorists hijack the plane and shut off cabin pressure thus asphyxiating the cabin crew and passengers. Transponders are switched off.

2) Plane is flown to Pakistan and landed. It had enough fuel to reach Pakistan

3) Plane is to be refueled and used as a "bomb" against Indian aircraft carrier Vikramaditya

This is a very brief description of what he explained to me. As far fetched as it sounds, it is plausible enough.

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

If a 777 was flown to Diego Garica wouldn't our radar have pick up. A jet that big coming in to land.

Leaves a big blimp an a radar screen even with the transponders turned off. I am not sure if the base is even still open. so there will be no fuel on the island, unless they try to steal it from the local airport.

First, I'm not suggesting a conspiracy to fly, land and hide the 777. But, could it have flown to Diego Garcia in the dead of night? Easy island airport to land it and with infrastructure to hide it as well as if the passengers were not killed in flight off load and lock up

I'm not saying that this is what I think happened, but am wondering if it had the range to make it to Diego Garcia?

Diego Garcia is a pretty significant US logistics / naval base, last I heard there were a few thousand US military / civilian contractors stationed there (given everything I've heard about the place, they have my condolences). I highly doubt that a 777 could just show up and not be noticed by anyone.

Why on earth would you (or anyone) even be tabling something like this? Are there simple-minded people out there who really think this is a possibility?

To do so would imply that the US was complicit in either the abduction or murder of two hundred or so innocent passengers on this plane.

It just seems to be an awful lot of work to go through for terrorists to hijack an airliner filled with 239 passengers and then not take credit for it. Dry run or not, generally speaking terrorists don't do a whole lot of things without jumping in front of some camera bursting to take credit for it. If it's an aircraft they want, there are easier targets then a civilian airliner filled with passengers (and which would attract less attention in the media...

I think it could have been a dry run for something bigger, they may have wanted to test breaching a door and shutting off all the methods of tracking the aircraft to see if it would work in reality (instead of in theory). Already they have gained the knowledge of what they have missed.

The reason they went through so much effort to hide the aircraft is they don't want the investigators to gather any information on how it was done. They want to hide all the evidence so nothing can be learned from this event.

I bet the ELTs and UAB were disabled on the ground and that this aircraft is deep in the ocean away from any shipping lanes or long range radar. This was so well planned with only one minor mistake by the bad guys.

Next week they could coordinate the same with multiple aircraft. No need to take credit now as they don't want to help anyone out. I can only see this occuring is the less secure airports of the world but can you imagine the ripple effect in the aviation industry and the economy if aircraft suddenly started dissapearing?

The suicide for certain religious beliefs is regarded as an act of cowardice. No idea if some of the pilots had any religious creed. All official information so far points to a deliberate act and evasive.

Exactly, that is one reason if it were suicide to hide any evidence. But now I think a few things point that this may have been a hi-jack.

Damn I joined the wrong service!!! those are better than banker hours. :woot.gif:/>

We had a Danish F-16 leaking fuel all over our tarmac on a Saturday during Maple Flag in 2005. The Danes wouldn't come in from their hotel on the Saturday as their union wouldn't allow it. So I (F-18 trained) along with two Luftwaffe Tornado guys cleaned up the spill and reseated the check valve that was leaking. I didn't like climbing on someone elses jet and working on it but we had no other choice.

We joked about being unionized after that.

The simple reason that nothing fits is probably because the pieces of 'fact' so far are incorrect. At this point, it seems to me at least, the Malaysian authorities in charge here just can't seem to get any of their 'facts' straight or in the right order. I would not be surprised if any of the fundamental or early 'facts' that people are basing theories on get proven as inaccurate or retracted.

I have found the Malaysians very unprofessional and they should have asked for help from the start.

You would have thought they would have grounded their aircraft/system until they figured out the first breaches with passports (although I don't think a real terrorist will ever use a stolen passport).

I found it disturbing that they were laughing and joking in two of their news conferences (one with the Italian who had his passport stolen and the second joking about the looks of one of the people with the stolen passport). They should have been solemn and serious.

ABSOLUTELY the best analysis I've read (and far and away the most likely). Spoiler alert: NO CONSPIRACY THEORY HERE

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/16/opinion/palmer-malaysia-flight-370/index.html?hpt=op_t1

Yes, that is a good theory. Even though the apparent shut-down of the transponder and ACARs is puzzling I still feel what is most odd is not one of the two ELTs emitted a signal on impact.

ABSOLUTELY the best analysis I've read (and far and away the most likely). Spoiler alert: NO CONSPIRACY THEORY HERE

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/16/opinion/palmer-malaysia-flight-370/index.html?hpt=op_t1

I haven't been following this as well as some (well most here probably) but didn't they conclude that most of the course changes were along known waypoints? If I understand this guys opinion, isn't he saying that the changes could have been caused by winds and completely random? Just what are the odds of wind patterns and waypoints lining up that well? That's a serious question not a "I don't believe it." because it may be possible, I don't know. But having said that, it seems like a lot of coincidences, like the message "good night" or something to that effect, the plane being controlled by computer changes and the apparent purposeful pattern it flew for it to be random flying uncontrolled. That is if I understand his theory in the article you linked. I didn't have time to read it all so I could be way off base.

Bill

I haven't been following this as well as some (well most here probably) but didn't they conclude that most of the course changes were along known waypoints? If I understand this guys opinion, isn't he saying that the changes could have been caused by winds and completely random? Just what are the odds of wind patterns and waypoints lining up that well? That's a serious question not a "I don't believe it." because it may be possible, I don't know. But having said that, it seems like a lot of coincidences, like the message "good night" or something to that effect, the plane being controlled by computer changes and the apparent purposeful pattern it flew for it to be random flying uncontrolled. That is if I understand his theory in the article you linked. I didn't have time to read it all so I could be way off base.

Bill

They also say they determined that someone put keystrokes into the FMS (Flight Management System) to make that deliberate turn on autopilot. If I go with the current timeline, the ACARS was off 20 minutes before the last radio transmission so the turn was already decided well in advance of that tx.

The new timeline has the last radio transmission, with the transponder being shut-down a few minutes after that transmission, and then the turn was made.

I like this read:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2014/0317/Malaysia-Airlines-Flight-370-Timing-points-to-meticulous-planning-say-pilots

The rest is all speculation much like all others we heard and hear from since this strange event began.

Diego Garcia is an active US Air Force Base hosting B-52s and KC-135s. If MH370 landed there, it would certainly be noticed and reported.

Darwin

Another view of the flight, from the careful analysis of a pilot.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Steven Brown

I saw nothing that tells me this guy flies commercial jets. Seems amateurish at best.

The plane had a fire that spread fast enough so that the flight crew could not send a single mayday call, it was severe enough to kill everyone on board but yet it wasn't severe enough to keep the plane from flying another 6 hours before crashing into the ocean from fuel starvation? Really?

I like the "flew to Diego Garcia and was hidden by US military" theory better. Either that or the inevitable alien abduction theory.

I wish just a single media outlet would simply publish the following article: "MH370 - we have no fricken idea where it is or what happened to it" instead of these useless guesses.

Oh well, I suppose it's good for their ratings and at the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

I think it could have been a dry run for something bigger, they may have wanted to test breaching a door and shutting off all the methods of tracking the aircraft to see if it would work in reality (instead of in theory). Already they have gained the knowledge of what they have missed...

Well I am not disagreeing with the theory, I still think there were/are easier and much less overt and/or noticeable methods/avenues to achieve a practical test or dry run of something such has been suggested. I mean, by and large most people not interested in aviation (i.e. "Joe Public") are not going to really notice or concern themselves with a cargo plane going missing, or some privately owned airliner sized aircraft disappearing. But when a civilian airliner with 239 people on board goes missing, as we have seen, the World takes notice. Now, security should... key word there is "should"... be heightened at major airports, Passports should (again "should") be scrutinized more stringently, and Nations who have the ability to do so, will in all likelihood increase their intercept readiness should any rogue aircraft suddenly approach their airspace. Again, I am not disagreeing with the theory/premise. Something IS indeed odd and seemingly nefarious in this whole affair. But I just think there were easier methods to test or make a dry run for some future operation then tackling an airliner with this many souls on board and having a global spotlight placed on the whole situation and potential future operation.

Don.

I have a question. If it was stolen for future use, then how hard would it be for it to switch with another aircraft? I mean say you have plane X flying a set course, then the stolen plane, "takes it spot somewhere, it the first one dissapeared this easily, then why couldnt they do it again in reverse... Doest that make sense? Plane X (Normal) and Plane Y (Missing)

Planes X takes off as normal while plane Y flys with everything off again. at some pre-established point plane x and y merge and plane y now picks up all of plane x's info then plane x turns it's stuff off. they switch and plane Y now goes and does something bad. Is that even possible??

I have a question. If it was stolen for future use, then how hard would it be for it to switch with another aircraft? I mean say you have plane X flying a set course, then the stolen plane, "takes it spot somewhere, it the first one dissapeared this easily, then why couldnt they do it again in reverse... Doest that make sense? Plane X (Normal) and Plane Y (Missing)

Planes X takes off as normal while plane Y flys with everything off again. at some pre-established point plane x and y merge and plane y now picks up all of plane x's info then plane x turns it's stuff off. they switch and plane Y now goes and does something bad. Is that even possible??

Would you even need to do all that? Plane Y could just piggyback on plane X and follow it to its destination. Repaint it to look exactly like plane X and then if discovered you have a moral dilemma. Shoot down both aircraft or none at all?

There are no good scenarios that come out of this.