Probably a stupid question.

Hi guys.

Currently building an A-10 (the Mongram kit). And want to do it from the '90's era. My question is would the A-10 have the slime lights above the fuselage, on the fuselage and wing tips? And if not when would it have had them? As I said probably a stupid question.

Hi guys.

Currently building an A-10 (the Mongram kit). And want to do it from the '90's era. My question is would the A-10 have the slime lights above the fuselage, on the fuselage and wing tips? And if not when would it have had them? As I said probably a stupid question.

Stop with the stupid question thing....that's what these forums are for.

As far as the slime lights, IIRC these may have appeared during the LASTE upgrades but I could be wromng. LASTE upgrades occured right about Gulf War 1.

There will be people better informed than I to contribute here as I'm at my kids swimming lessons drinking expresso this AM and my ref books are at home.

Do a google search on "LASTE A-10" an you might find what you want.

Edited by toadwbg

The slime lights were added the same time LASTE was added to the A/C they were different TCTO's but usually done concurrently. Early 90's i.e. 1991 on.

Edited by boom175

In the UK (Woodbridge-Bentwaters) they were added in conjunction with the LASTE mod, which was done locally starting in about 1992 (after Desert Storm). In general, the jets went in green and came out of the mod 'speed line' gray with strip lights added. I say 'in general'; at least one jet, 82-0655, the Wing Commander's jet, came out still green--other early mods may have as well. And not all of the WR jets were modified before the bases shut down in mid-1993--just the ones slated to go to Spangdahlem. The jets going back to the U.S. weren't modified in the U.K. BTW, only one WR jet was in ODS, most of the USAFE jets were from RAF Alconbury.