VERY nice indeed. I didn't even know about this AMU. Very cool looking. Can't wait to see it finished.

And BTW, you can't have fun in here, this is a serious model group build. If you're caught having fun there will be stiff penalties and fines for such an act. So I better start seeing some aggravation and anger coming or you're in big trouble! :woot.gif:

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

And I wanted to tint the Astro's visor the 'gold' colour, but am trying using Tamiya Translucent Orange. It may pass, but I may just paint the visor black on the inside.

Gtintedvisor_zpsaae5182e.jpg

Later

Pete

This link might have a solution for the Visor effect you are looking for. Scroll down on this forum I have linked.

EA-6B build

:cheers:/>

Emil

I'm sure however you do it it will turn out just wonderful...as always. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see it finished. And about that cut-away ET... :whistle:/>

Bill

Edited by niart17
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, this 6 month deadline sure did creep up on me, eh?

While my intentions are still really good, over the past 2 years I've had a series of small health issues which have, shall I say, distracted me.

This model hasn't progressed at all, which disappoints me, but I sure hope to get it completed ... this one and about 4 other build threads that I haven't been able to concentrate on ... :crying2:

A week and a half to go huh? ... yikes ... I'll keep my fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Pete

Pete,

So sorry to hear of your health issues! Your builds are some of the ones I look forward to seeing the most when I come to this board. I have been so inspired by your work! I hope you are able to get everything straightened out soon.

Brian

Thanx alot Hotdog! It's much appreciated ... and you know what? I went to see my local Shaman a couple of weeks ago, and she gave me some potions and rattled her necklace made of bones over my head, and this week, I ... have ... been ... feeling better. And with your gentle nudge, I actually had, and have, the urge to sit down at the model bench and have some fun!

Thanx again! :thumbsup:

I did some much needed work to the Agena ...

There's what I think is a cabling tube which I built and installed.

Hwiringtubedryfit_zps5bd13cd2.jpg

And the material the funnel is made from doesn't like normal plastic cement, so I made a couple of guides / supports for the funnel.

Viewed from inside ...

HFunnelguides_zps385cb447.jpg

... and viewed from the front. I also installed a section of rod to conceal the seam.

HFunnelguideshideseam_zps8d0e73b2.jpg

And I coated the funnel with 2 coats of Future. Styrene and cement WILL bond to the Future, but it isn't a real strong bond, but it is strong enuff. I also installed a retaining rod thru the funnel to keep it in place. I'll try Epoxy putty as the last step after painting to permanently attach the funnel. I hope it'll adhere it.

Hfunnelinstalledprelim_zps44503bd1.jpg

I've attached the Docking Collar (Funnel) with plenty of greeblies ... wiring, actuators, dampers and status display ...

HFunnelmounting1_zps24e2b895.jpg

Thanx for taking a peek ... and I sure I hope I can get 'er done for the end o' the week!

Peet

The Astronaut is done ... AMU ( Astronaut Maneuvering Unit) has been attached and the ELSS Chest Pack with hoses and cabling attached too.

A lot of Greeblies to represent actuators and dampers, Static dischargers etc were attached to the Docking Collar.

JdockingCollarGreeblies2_zps30c5d4f3.jpg

JDockingCollarGreeblies1_zps6331238d.jpg

... and the Astronaut

JAstrodone1_zpse3895d02.jpg

JAstroDone2_zps9424d2d0.jpg

JAstroDone3_zpsb1777913.jpg

JAstroDone4_zpsbfbfcb4f.jpg

JAstroDone5_zpse44f972d.jpg

The AGENA is next, but I printed out the BIG decal and the printer settings were incorrect and the quality was just plain poor. So I have to get more Decal film. Hopefully I can get this model done this week!

Thanx crackerjazz ... on both counts!

Well, the Decal Film hasn't arrived yet and I wanted to see how the Agena would look, and I just attached a paper printout to the tube. And while looking at the images, I thought it didn't look all that bad. " ... I wonder how applying a decal would improve this? ... "

I'm gonna give it a little more thought, but I just may apply some Aluminum Foil to the paper and call this model DONE!

Here's some pix pre-foiling!

KAgenapaper1_zps4a4c5b37.jpg

KAgenaPaper2_zps1ca3e93d.jpg

KAgenaPaper3_zpsa2b47b92.jpg

KAgenaPaper6_zps580704d9.jpg

I hope I can get this 'completed' by end of day tomorrow ... however when the decal film arrives, I'll maybe 'complete' this model with that and then post the 'finished' model in a week or two.

Any thought on adhering paper to Painted ( Spray acrylic ) ABS plastic?

Pete

Well, I missed this GB deadline, but still wanna see this model finished.

I used the paper 'decal' 'cuz I thought it looked just fine. If I had used the decal, I woulda had to cut it into sections and then spray a dullcote over it to flatten the gloss. The paper was easy to apply and the surface was already flat. Eezy-peezy!

I applied household Aluminum foil to the ABS tube and then coated the paper in Rubber Cement, that I've had for years ( I used it when I was a Graphic Designer in the pre-Mac days! :whistle: )

I also added a lot of 'greeblies' to the Docking Collar.

LfoilonAgena_zps063f9a92.jpg

This is the backside of the paper decal ... with cutouts for the foil to show thru

LPaperdecal_zps9df3fceb.jpg

Wrapping it onto the tube

Lpaperdecalwrapping_zpsd30b61d6.jpg

Adding some detail to the tube

Laddingdetail_zps9b63ac77.jpg

Some details to the Docking Collar

Laddingdetailtofunnel_zps669b7ebe.jpg

.. and ... DONE!

Ldone4_zps4189ea8e.jpg

Ldone5_zps98222e3c.jpg

Here's a couple of the Astro just show some of the detail and decals I added to it ...

Ldoneastroclose3_zps1c49dda7.jpg

LdoneAstroclose1_zps976db6aa.jpg

I'll post some pix in the GB Finished folder!

Thanx alot Bill ... this was fun ... and I think i re-discovered my modelling mojo!! :yahoo:

Pete

• 2 months later...