Dedicated B-61 hardpoint

Hello all,

I am building Tamiyas 1/32 Strike Eagle and want to do a realistic B-61 single carriage. I am trying to find out which station(s) are dedicated for their carriage and what else would be carried in this case. Thank you.

Pat Green,

LCT/RCT-2 (center bottom CFT hardpoint). The wing pylons are cleared as well. Most likely (operationally) though, they would carry wing tanks for longer range, and AIM-120/AIM-9 for self defense.

Here's a picture from F-15e.info of four B-61 "shapes" being carried.

B-61s_zps160f2f16.jpg

Aaron

Thank you Aaron. I was a loader on F-16s for 21 years and our dedicated station was always station 7, the right wing pylon. I figured the eagle's would be a conformal or the centerline. Thanks again.

Sorry you got stuck on Vipers... Eagles are much easier to load (19 years Weapons)

• 2 weeks later...

Note that the white one is explicitly stenciled with "inert" near the tailfins. The silver one in the second photo...isn't. In fact, none of the stenciling on the bomb seems to indicate a training shape, at least to this layman...

That doesn't mean that the F-15 in the picture is carrying five live bombs though, they may simply be operational casings with the physics packages (the actual warheads) removed.

Edited by SebastianP

Remember all the hell that was raised a few years ago when that B-52 flew from Minot to Barksdale (or visa-versa) with live weapons on board? I seriously doubt that the USAF is allowed to fly any operational nuclear weapons around...Let alone 4 or 5 of them. They *probably* are fully inert, and just a different color.

Aaron