So,here it is,my 4th project ever.

Pj7zKvW.jpg

As I mentioned before, instructions are useless,kind of joke. Paint instructions by numbers,but on assembly instruction are letters,and no way you can connect it :)/>

Assembly instructons fails big,some parts missing in description,etc.

References from web are must.

On this project I used Eduard HH-60 Exterior,and lots,I mean,lots of scratch building :)

I use Model Master Enamel paints,and for main color I mix International Orange with Chevy Engine Red,50/50.

In the end,after 2 months, I must say I am happy how it went,and forget moments of frustration. Someone with more patience and expirience would done it better,but

when I look at the model on shelf,I'm happy :)

So here's some pictures:

93MkC04.jpg

bFTdO5O.jpg

H7YhJt0.jpg

8J9mCvZ.jpg

TwgR2sl.jpg

D9KUaIQ.jpg

2ULnciU.jpg

TY5ZVDx.jpg

Wow, yeah, I like what I see! I hope mine would be like that one day, should be one of my next projects. But ...still scratch? Eduard does not provide every lump n bump for the exterior? Interior scratch building is nice too, but that s making it a one year project for me....urghh...

Okee, your helo is superb!! BTW. the coast guard orange could be find in the maritime color range from Modelmaster...just a hint.

Thank you Tobik :)

Eduard exterior is more for Seahawk,so you need to take some reference and use only parts that goes to Jayhawk. Rest is scratch :) And not to mention interior,by default kit is almost empty,

so you need to do a lot of work to fill that space. I'm only begginer in this game,so I'm sure your bird will be much better.

Didn't know for coast guard orange,now you tell me :)

Regards,

Woody

Guys I'm sorry for the language but this HH-60 is just BADASS. Dude you nailed the weathering and the detail in the rotor is awesome. I'm still working on kinks in a SAR HH-1N but you blew this out of the water man.

Absolutely astounded with what you have done. Can we please have more detailed pics of the interior.

You knocked this one put of the park thank you for sharing inspiration sir.

Yes, it s always the same, once your work is finished you get all the references and solutions you was looking for before...also a kind of "Murphy's law".

I am not a master at all in scratch building and avoid it if possible even I like some plumbering with copper wire e.g. brake - or hydraulic lines at aircraft gear.

May I ask what references you had for your build? Is there a kind of walkaround out? I found only the one or other WIP report for a Jayhawk. But mostly taken the Italeri HH kit and the Cobra Company Jayhawk conversion.

Thank you all. I'm glad you like it.

In real life it looks much better,but I'm no good with the camera ,and don't have special booth or lightning for that...but,I try to do my best.

I will try to take pictures of interior (it will be hard to do it now tho) and few more details tomorow.

About references, try this:

http://kerns.smugmug.com/gallery/2320945_9EkfD#121386601

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/michael_block/mh-60j_6003/

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/101-200/walk158_MH-60G/part4/walk158d.htm

http://www.fpkclub.com/airfest2008/photo_gallery_HH60.htm

No walkaround,just look at the photos and try to reproduce it as best as you can :)

Btw,my model have some mistakes,so just to worn all of you who will do this bird.

I mean,we can find many wrong things,but I want to point just few important ones.

Back seats are wrong shape,I didn't want to bother with it as they are hard to see now when all is done.

Floor in the back cabin is wrong also,so you can check reference photos if you want to do it right.

I didn't add gray paint and silver lines to end of main rotor.

Black paint at exhaust is too long on my model,check reference photos.

I didn't make wholes for steps to roof of the bird,my bad.

Ok,I'm sure we can find more of it,but in 1/48 model kit,I think the realism and detals are just ok on my model.

Bravo Woody :cheers:/> I am amazed at how well this turned out, being your 4th build and all!!! The details on the interior look great, really brings life to yer helo... and the paint job isn't too shabby either :thumbsup:/> You're well on yer way buddy, looking forward to the next build!

/Jesse

Thank you all for your kind words,it's the best motivation to keep going and try to do it better in the future.

I'm far away from big boys in this game,but I have love and passion for it,and that's what's most important to me.

@ davevw - yes,you can send it to me,but after I finnish my F-16 ADF,Su-27,F-14B,F-4B ... I just kidding,I'm sure you will do justice to your model,and proudly show it here

in forum.

Best regards,

Woody

Wow, such a great build on a difficult model. I had a regular Sea Hawk started some time ago and it was driving me nuts so I put it away to think about finishing it one day. I also have this exact model to build too and it is good to see such nice results can be had, but with a lot of work. Your interior sure looks great too.

Thanks very much for sharing. Too bad you did not have more under construction shots. I am sure I could have got some useful tips on the build.