Geronimo P-51B 362 FS, 357 FG

While I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, it's you model so do what appeals to you. I'd bet you could do whatever you wished and it would look correct. If it were me, I'd probably opt for metal tanks. You'll have the paint for the aircraft in the brush so you might as well spray the tanks too.

Progress looks good so far.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would hand paint the stripes with Poly Scale but that didn't work out too well. Poly S was good stuff and I can't figure out why someone would change the formula and then drop the paint line. This was a pretty new jar also.

P4050002_zpsa7ae4364.jpg

Going to have to carefully sand it down and then spray it with Tamiya white.

Edited by Spectre711

At least I only had time for the wings.

I'm going to sand as much of it off and then I'm going to mask and shoot with Tamiya white. I was going for a more original hand painted look so I figured the Poly Scale would be the best but it wasn't.

I think I got a bad batch cause I sprayed this a couple of months ago on a Phantom and had similar problems. I thought I had thinned it too much but seeing the same results straight from the jar I know it can't be me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...