US Navy / Marine Corps F-4B questions (Research)

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a 3D project for a flight sim and have some questions regarding some of the weapons that the F-4B actually employed in Vietnam from like 1963 and 1968.

I have a couple manuals I've been referencing and an Osprey book:

- McDonnell-Phantom-II Accident Investigation Workbook pub 1967 (this covers the years I'm modeling)

- NATOPS F-B and F-4N pub 1MAY1975

- Osprey Combat Aircraft book of USMC F-4 Phantoms II Units of the Vietnam War

Weapons

- AGM-45 Shrike: The accident investigation workbook references this, but for the life of me, I cannot find ANY pictures of F-4B's carrying these anywhere on the net. Was this commonly carried at all during the early years of the war? I know early F-4B's barely had any RHAW equipment to begin with (and when they did, the volume was turned off frequently from what I understand), but I would also suspect they'd have some wide or narrow band receivers to transmit targeting data to the missiles. Anyone have any info on these?

- AGM-12 Bullpup: Another one I can't find any photo references of, even though there's a Bullpup panel behind the throttles in the front cockpit. I've seen pics of USAF F-4C's carrying them on both wing pylon stations, but I think generally they were only typically carried on the inner pylons. Anyone know if the Navy or the Marine Corps carried these frequently on Phantoms?

- Triple Ejector Rack on outer pylons: The Osprey book has a reference to them. Was this typical? Were there any issues with that? Right now I have the option for people to load bombs on a MER, with daisy cutter extension bombs sitting on the forward attachment points.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks yall,

Jamal

If you are up to some research:

http://www.recordsofwar.com/vietnam/usmc/USMC_Rvn.htm

pick a Squadron from the list on the left, scroll down to get to the fixed wing assets, click on a particular month, the Command Chronlogy ones are brief but they sometimes list weapon totals, the After Action Reports are much more detailed. Click on the PDF icon to open it. I have a listing of the codes they used for the various weapons.

Jari

Whoa, thanks Jari! That USMC in VN site is awesome!

Also, that first shot you linked to me may have answered another question I had... if the countermeasure doors stayed open or not if they were loaded.

Really appreciate the help!

Jamal